I had no idea there was so many DVD-Audio and SACDs out there!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I had no idea there was so many DVD-Audio and SACDs out there!!!

Robert-The-Rambler
04-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Tommorrow is a banner day for me. With my new Oppo DV-981HD I will boldly go where few men have gone before; into the realm of digital DVD-Audio and SACD. Thats right. This $229 universal DVD player with pass both DVD-Audio and SACD converted to PCM via HDMI in multi channel PCM. What does that mean? Uncompressed multi-channel bliss in pure digital wonderfulness!!! In browsing through Circuit City's website I am overwhelmed will all the choices out there. If any of you guys have any recommendations of good quality mixes from any genre I am willing to listen. I see Metallica, The Moody Blues, Bon Jovi, Norah Jones, John Williams, Sting, Depeche Mode, Boston, and many others. I just don't know where to start. Help!!!

kexodusc
04-04-2007, 03:28 AM
Oh yeah, there's plenty out there. If you're a fan of jazz or classical, there's thousands of titles. Unfortunately a lot of mainstream music hasn't jumped on board, but then, who wants to hear most of that in hi-rez anyway.
There's still a few modern acts I like that release or re-release albums in SACD or DVD-A. It's mostly the back catalog of jazz, blues and classical that appeal to me though.