The Best $1,000 Receiver Nowadays [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Best $1,000 Receiver Nowadays

Hungaro01
04-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi! Currently I am in the hunt for the best $1,000 receiver out-there in the mass market. My plan is to buy this unit within this month. So far my research has caught the attention of the following players: Yamaha RX-V1700, Denon AVR-2807, Onkyo RX-804. I am more into Home Theater Mode rather than stereo (70% vs 30%). Nevertheless, the sound quality variable weighs 90% into my decision. Should I be looking other models as well. All your feedback and/or recommendation will be greatly appreciated. (note- My Front Speakers and Sub are PSB image Speakers.)

Mark111867
04-02-2007, 04:21 PM
I would also add NAD and Rotel to the list. Good luck:)

audio_dude
04-02-2007, 04:48 PM
I'll give a recommendation to the Denon. I own denon gear and have listen to their hometheatre stuff, nice and powerful.

r.j.sanc26
04-02-2007, 07:13 PM
As far as mass market go I'd consider Denon AVR-2807, Marantz SR6001, Harman/Kardon AVR 645, Onkyo TX-SR804, Pioneer Elite VSX-81TXV...all good choices at or around the $1K mark....just a partial list, plenty of other receivers you may want to consider.

PeruvianSkies
04-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi! Currently I am in the hunt for the best $1,000 receiver out-there in the mass market. My plan is to buy this unit within this month. So far my research has caught the attention of the following players: Yamaha RX-V1700, Denon AVR-2807, Onkyo RX-804. I am more into Home Theater Mode rather than stereo (70% vs 30%). Nevertheless, the sound quality variable weighs 90% into my decision. Should I be looking other models as well. All your feedback and/or recommendation will be greatly appreciated. (note- My Front Speakers and Sub are PSB image Speakers.)

First, I just wanted to say WTG on the PSB image speakers. They are awesome and I would drive them with NAD if I were you. Check out this link...

http://www.spearitsound.com/nad/t763.asp

Just under 1K. I've heard many PSB speakers matched with NAD before and it's a great combo. A nearby dealer carries these two more than anything else. Also check out dmc-electronics, who are the only online authorized dealer of NAD & PSB together.

basite
04-03-2007, 12:46 AM
+1 for the denon ht stuff...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Hungaro01
04-03-2007, 04:17 AM
Any NAD model in specific? I heard that they are bringing Receivers with HDMI switching?
I really appreciated your help

First, I just wanted to say WTG on the PSB image speakers. They are awesome and I would drive them with NAD if I were you. Check out this link...

http://www.spearitsound.com/nad/t763.asp

Just under 1K. I've heard many PSB speakers matched with NAD before and it's a great combo. A nearby dealer carries these two more than anything else. Also check out dmc-electronics, who are the only online authorized dealer of NAD & PSB together.

Hungaro01
04-03-2007, 04:20 AM
I heard from friends that NAD Models are simple (no fancy features) but emphasizes in the sound quality. What about Marantz can they have the best of both worlds?

As far as mass market go I'd consider Denon AVR-2807, Marantz SR6001, Harman/Kardon AVR 645, Onkyo TX-SR804, Pioneer Elite VSX-81TXV...all good choices at or around the $1K mark....just a partial list, plenty of other receivers you may want to consider.

r.j.sanc26
04-03-2007, 06:48 AM
I heard from friends that NAD Models are simple (no fancy features) but emphasizes in the sound quality. What about Marantz can they have the best of both worlds?

Your right on the money there - NAD is well known for great products, but also for not being super rich on “extra features”, however they poses an exceptional build/sound quality that more than makes up for any missing options and you definitely won’t go wrong if you choose any NAD model.

As far as the Marantz SR6001 I referred to earlier, my brother-in-law owns this model (actually he will only purchase Marantz products, very devoted to the brand) and I can say that it’s a great receiver, nice clean sounding unit, nice selection of features, decent power - a solid choice as well. I believe he was them hooked up to Boston Acoustics VR3’s, sounds great!

Hungaro01
04-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Your right on the money there - NAD is well know for great products, but also for not being super rich on “extra features”, however they poses an exceptional build/sound quality that more than makes up for any missing options and you definitely won’t go wrong if you choose any NAD model.

As far as the Marantz SR6001 I referred to earlier, my brother-in-law owns this model (actually he will only purchase Marantz products, very devoted to the brand) and I can say that it’s a great receiver, nice clean sounding unit, nice selection of features, decent power - a solid choice as well. I believe he was them hooked up to Boston Acoustics VR3’s, sounds great!

Thanks R.J, i will look into that