car sub [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : car sub

hmmmm
04-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Hi all,
it's been a long time since I've been here. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good small subwoofer I can put in my Mustang's trunk? I was thinking about something with a 10" woofer that could be used with a mono amp.
Thanks!

swwdts
04-01-2007, 04:17 PM
when I was 19-31,all I used 2 300watt mono Rrockford Fosgate amps for my RF 10" subwoofers,RF Power series amps are the best you can buy on a $300-1000.00 range. BUT, there is an amp that is made by another company called Excalibur.A 25watt amp of theirs sounds just like another companys 500watt amp.I had a friend who had a 1000watt mono Excalibur & it cost him around $1800.00.

Mr Peabody
04-01-2007, 05:04 PM
I don't know if the series is still sold but I used an Infinity Perfect 10 driven by a Precision Power amp bridged mono. The single 10 was in a 1 cubic foot sealed box. The Perfect series had aluminum cones. This hit like a sledgehammer and one is all I needed for a Malibu sedan. My system was built for sound quality though not to be heard for blocks before I arrive.

hmmmm
04-02-2007, 03:55 AM
I don't know if the series is still sold but I used an Infinity Perfect 10 driven by a Precision Power amp bridged mono. The single 10 was in a 1 cubic foot sealed box. The Perfect series had aluminum cones. This hit like a sledgehammer and one is all I needed for a Malibu sedan. My system was built for sound quality though not to be heard for blocks before I arrive.

that's exactly what I'm looking for. I don't want to shake the neighborhood.

kexodusc
04-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Hey Hmmm...why not he 10" DVC or even 12" DVC (the shielded versions "SDVC")from Parts Express....Scary good performance for cheap! Very efficient, easy to drive woofers that don't suck gobs of power just to be heard!

hmmmm
04-02-2007, 05:56 AM
I don't know why I didn't think of that first. I guess I just did the search and didn't see that come up on their site...mainly MTX, Pioneer, etc... That would probably be perfect. Thanks!

kexodusc
04-02-2007, 06:20 AM
I don't know why I didn't think of that first. I guess I just did the search and didn't see that come up on their site...mainly MTX, Pioneer, etc... That would probably be perfect. Thanks!

I've actually made a few subs for computers/small home theaters using the 8" DVC. It's a great little performer itself in small rooms. The 10" and 12" offer more SPL and power handling which is nice.

hydroman
04-24-2007, 12:02 PM
what i did...

...was build a flat box to house the sub(s) and then a 'false floor cover' with matching carpet & grill covers (ofcourse). If you do a sealed box design with at least 1/2 inch MDF and 4 cubic feet for each driver and stuff with poly... it yields a decent tight bass. Mine performs well - especially on Metallica / double bass drum stuff. Not loud - but real tight/dry.