CD Player - Linn Majik or Simaudio Supernova? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CD Player - Linn Majik or Simaudio Supernova?

Amused2
04-01-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm upgrading my 8-year-old CalAudio CD player, and am down to 2 picks, the Linn Majik or the Simaudio Supernova - any thoughts or experiences with either? Just finished breaking in a pair of Wilson Sophia speakers (THEY ABSOLUTELY ROCK!), use a Brystan amp & Audible Illusion preamp, listen to mostly rock, soft rock, country, alternative, everything BUT classical, basically. thanks! - J[

musicman1999
04-01-2007, 01:16 PM
I have only heard the Supernova and found it to be an outstanding player.It was the most analog sounding player that i have heard to date.The Linn is supposed to be good as well however,i don't think you could go wrong.

bill

Amused2
04-07-2007, 04:13 AM
Thanks - just ordered the Moon yesterday, and agree with your comment. The Linn was excellent, but not quite as multi-dimensional as the Moon. I hate the fact that I had to special order, and pay more, for the rack-mounted version so they could remove the front panel (!). Such is life, all about supply & demand. :) Can't wait 'til it arrives though, I think that will satisfy my audio cravings for a while, still breaking in a pair of Wilson Sophia speakers that never cease to amaze. One more cable upgrade in my future, I think, and then turn attention to home theatre improvements! :) cheers - J

musicman1999
04-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Congratulations,I am sure you will be very happy with your Moon,they make very nice gear.I have just ordered a Moon Calypso DVD player and am awaiting it's arrival with great impatience.If you are looking for a theatre upgrade you may want to look at Anthem.I recently purchased an avm-30 processor and am very happy.High performance at decent prices.
enjoy
bill

Amused2
04-08-2007, 07:51 AM
We will be looking at home theatre upgrade next, but need a few months financial recovery after the Wilson Sophias and now the Moon, and likely cables. Ca-ching!!!! I think the first home theatre upgrade may be a 65-inch Ronco TV, then not sure what's behind that, so maybe I'll see you on the home theatre forum around the holidays!! :) ENJOY! - Joanne

musicman1999
04-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Sounds like a great display,i am sure you will enjoy it.Holidays are a long way away.Enjoy your Moon.

bill