T.T.T.T. - Tom Terrific Tuesday Thread [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : T.T.T.T. - Tom Terrific Tuesday Thread

Dave_G
02-17-2004, 05:06 AM
Please list and discuss the music you listened to last week leading up to today.

I listened to Camel's A Nod and a Wink, I just love that cd man.

Also played Genesis A trick of the Tail and Trespass, Japanese mini lp remasters, very very nice uh huh. And cd 2 of The Lamb Lies down on Broadway.

I also played 4 old Nazareth cd's - Close...Roll, No Mean City, Hair of the Dog, and 1 other I can't recall. I like that old crap a lot.

John Foxx - Metamatic - deep dark synth solo cd, very excellent, if you never heard this album and like old school new wave synth stuff you gotta own this.

Camel - Mirage - pretty good, but I like newer Camel better.

Some new Aerosmith stuff - Thanks DarrenH - okay but they are stale anymore.

Steve Hackett - Voyage of the Acolyte - lots of prog heads love this album but to me it's real weak and boring.

Kansas - I made a "non remastered comp" culling from Kansas, Masque, and Song for America". Muy excellente musics, wish the remasters would hurry up and get done.

Kind regards,

Dave

nobody
02-17-2004, 05:20 AM
Picked up some new stuff this week…

The latest <b>ISAN</b>, Meet Next Life, an electronic ambient disc with analog synths providing the foundation. Their last one pretty much stopped there, but this time they add some acoustic guitar and extra percussion and a few other sounds. Lots of bubbling, percolating, glitchy rhythms popping up here and there as well. A really good listen. It’ll probably be one of my favorite laid back listens for 2004.

Grabbed the <b>Angels of Light</b>’s latest, Everything Is Good Here/Please Come Home. Michael Gira’s latest project. They’ve put a couple of other ones out but this 2003 release is the first one I’ve heard. A really mesmerizing mix of quiet acoustics and massed instrumentation that veers from quiet contemplation to determined intensity within many songs. There’s a vast emotional range on the disc as a whole. I’d highly recommend this one, even though I can't do too much to describe how it sounds.

Another 2003 release I finally got around to is <b>Wanda Jackson</b>’s amazing comeback album, Heart Trouble. Wanda’s in fine voice. She’s not lost a thing since the 15 years or so since she put out a studio album. Plenty of guests pop up, but none of them steal the show. The Cramps back her up on a track, Dave Alvin provides a lot of the guitars, and Elvis Costello stops by, along with a few others. Still, this is solidly Wanda’s record. It’s a mix of a few of her classics, some new tunes, and well-chosen covers. If you like Rockabilly or old style Country, this is one excellent release.

Also grabbed a couple of Jazz classics, <b>Eroll Garner</b>’s Concert By The Sea, a wonderful live piano jazz recording. Starts a bit slow for me, but side 2 really ups the ante. If you like Garner’s highly embellished piano style; this is a good one to hear.

Found a copy of an old <b>Fats Waller</b> record, Fractious Fingers. It’s a collection of both solo and vocal piano tunes. I’m still looking for more Waller, in particular the piano solos without vocals since I think I’ve got enough of his vocal stuff for now, but this Japanese LP release actually has some decent sound for music recorded in the 20s.

Also listened to a few things I’ve talked about before, <b>Air</b>’s latest, <b>Charlie Parker</b>: Yardbird Suite, a bunch of new rock stuff while making up a comp that I didn’t like the finished product of, my 2003 comp, as well as Stone’s 2003 comp (is the whole <b>Iron & Wine</b> CD that good? I really like that track, but don’t wanna judge a record on a cover.), some <b>Smiths</b> stuff, <b>Radio Clash</b> 12”, The Best of <b>Herman’s Hermits</b>, some <b>Sweet</b>, and probably some more that I’m forgetting now.

dld
02-17-2004, 05:29 AM
Lost Highway Sampler - OK. The Whiskeytown and Jayhawks tunes were fine, as was Lucinda's Righteously. But, I've heard/owned them all. Maybe further listening will uncover a hidden jewel. The Willie Nelson cuts are just plain odd.

Radiohead - The Bends. Still growing on me. In the car player = lots of play time.

Darden Smith - Self Titled (love that Clatter and Roll song)

Spirit - Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus (Wish I'd had this one for my 1970 Retro comp)

Paul Simon - Selt Titled. Duncan rules

Tentoze's Cowboys, Gunfighters, alt. etc. - Making a Cowboy Comp for a friend, snagged several cuts offa this comp

Guy Clark - Better Days. The Randall Knife, if nothing else (and theres a lot of else) this song makes the LP worthwhile.

Fiction Plane - Everything Will Never Be Ok. I snag a tune here or there when my girls are out of the office. Very catchy, rocks pretty good.

Buckwheat Zydeco - Waiting For My Ya Ya. Getting in the mood for Jazzfest!

Dire Straits - Communique. Average Dire Straits is not a bad thing

Dire Straits - Alchemy. Well recorded live 2LP

J's Smile effort. All the talk about the BB's two weeks a go compelled me to pull this out for a re-spin. What a treat! Looking forward to his BB's comp.

Cowboy Junkies - Black Eyed Man. An under rated CJs' effort. Murder In The Trailer Park , whatta song.

CCR. Cosmos Factory. SACD. WOW! Even on the P.O.S. Mazda's O.E.M. player, the sound positively jumps out at ya.

Lots more from road trip, can't remember crapola.

tentoze
02-17-2004, 06:00 AM
Please list and discuss the music you listened to last week leading up to today.

Kind regards,

Dave
Lots of old vinyl all day Sunday- standout was Kink's Sleepwalker.

Cd stuff:
Robert Gordon w/ Danny Gatton, Live- die-hard rackabilly. Fun Stuff.
Joe Ely, Live Shots- late 70's era Joe form a British tour with The Clash. Very nice.
John Hiatt, Hiattology-Live in Ottawa, 1/4/89- about as good as it gets.
The Flatlanders.
Clive Gregson & Christine Collister, Change In The Weather- some remarkable songs on this one. Dunno how I missed them in real time, but glad to get this. Collister's voice is amazing.
Albert Cummings, The Long Way- swampy/ roadhouse blues.
Ghost's Hypnotic Underground- large music
Linda Thompson's Fashionably Late- like an old friend visiting.
dld's Sonny Landreth Et Al- the Robt. Earl Keen cuts on here are just super, too.
Okkervil River's Down The River of Golden Dreams- liked this one from the start, even more now. A must-listen.
Robert Earl Keen's Gravitational Forces- good.
Handsome Family's Singing Bones- excellento.
Some scattered Songs: Ohia.
Stones 2003 comp- much to like on here, only a couple toward the end that sent me running. ;)
Davey's Giant Sand comp- too good.

more than that, but who can remember at my age?????

DarrenH
02-17-2004, 06:12 AM
FUSION
Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Lost Trident Sessions. This is from 1973. Man, McLaughlin smokes. Think Ponty meets Hendrix.

Islidurs Bane - Mind Vol 1. Their best imo although I haven't listened to anythng beyond this. I've heard that Mind vol 4 is pretty good. I must check that out.

Miles Davis - Jack Johnson Complete Sessions. Miles at his fusion-y peak. This thing smokes by way of McLaughlin's electric guitar and Billy Cobham's drum work. "Right Off" is an excellent 27 minute jam session. Ya like it or you absolutely hate it. Me likes.

Chick Corea and Return To Forever - Return To Forever. Return To Forvever is the name of the band and this is their 1972 s/t debut. The album cover lists Corea's name in the title for whatever reason. Subsequent releases drop his name and they are simply referred to as Return To Forever. Quite subdued compared to the others that I've listed. Features the outstanding vocals of Flora Purim, Stanley Clarke on bass and Corea's trademark keyboard work.

JAZZ
Miles Davis - 'Round About Midnight. Miles' 1955 debut with Columbia featuring his first great quintet in John Coltrane, Red Garland, Paul Chambers and Philly Joe Jones. I guess you'd call this hard bop. Damn fine recording.

John Coltrane - My Favorite Things. Release in 1961.

Dave Holland Quintet - Not For Nothin'. Dave Holland was the bass player for Miles Davis during that fusion period many folks hate. This is a recent release from 2001 and harkens back to more a traditional jazz style although some would call it post bop. It's even referred to as Avant-Garde jazz but I this doesn't sound especially ground-breaking or different to me.

PROG
Porcupine Tree - Warszawa. Live recording recorded for Polish radio back in 2001. Twas heavily bootlegged so Wilson decided to release it legitimately. Features mostly tunes from Lightbulb Sun and Stupid Dream but also has a few older tracks including the awesome Voyage 34 phase I. Excellent sound!

Pineapple Thief - Variations On A Dream. Somewhat mellower version of Steven Wilson's band. Less melodic and not as good but I like it.

Anathema - A Natural Disaster. Now I know how Opeth fans felt when they were listening to Damnation. I kept waiting for them to break out into a maelstrom of melodic guitar riffs but it never happened. Good but not what I had hoped for. A relaxed version of A Fine Day To Exit.

Chain - Reconstruct. I mentioned this before and I can't stop listening to this. I just think it's a great prog rock album. The vocals of Matt Cash are outstanding and that sets this apart from Henning's other project, Frameshift. Well done Henning Pauley.

Darren

PS. I forgot to mention FA's most excellent Trews comp entitled House Of ILL Fame. This is pretty damn good. Got my motor revving over the weekend for sure. Also, her Canadian Toonies comp. Still absorbing this. Lots of singer/songwriter stuff. Will report later.

Jim Clark
02-17-2004, 07:02 AM
Lots 'o stuff but I'm going to list the four newer titles so I can get out of here:

Skywave-Synthstatic The label on the promo copy says "compare to Cure, Jesus and Mary Chain, Joy Division, My Bloody Valentine, Ride, and the Velvet Underground". For 6.99 how do I NOT pick this up? Actually I hear a bit of a lot more hidden under the fuzzy guitar, even the Ramones on a few songs. Wild disc.

Q: What do you get when you cross the Twilight Singers with the Moonbabies?

A: The Twilight Babies, of course. Picked up their 2003 release Middle of Something and also like quite a bit of what's on this disc. There's no kind of connection to the sound of Twilight Singers but the perky electronics are some what similar to the Moonbabies in many respects. The vocals are all over the place. This gal sounds at times like an almost folksy Beth Orton and on some tracks she makes that same sound seem almost like a dance club track. Like I said, there are some great tracks but there are some that either aren't very good or seem to wear out their welcome fairly quickly. Glad I picked it up but it wouldn't have threatened my top ten list despite some comp worthy tracks.

TV On Radio's EP, and The Hidden Camera's, The Smell of Our Own, both of course are "As Heard On Stone's Year End Comp"! I like TV on Radio the best out of the two. After the opening track, which is killer it turns into a very Peter Gabriel like experience. You could probably convince someone that these are long last PG tracks if you put in just a little bit of an acting job. Very cool.

As for the Hidden Camera, I guess I didn't pay much attention to the lyrics, which is typical of me. It wasn't until the last track, "The man that I am with my man" that I was clubbed over the head with the overtly gay theme. As I rushed to read the bio at AMG I realized that it wasn't limited to this one track. I haven't played it since so I can't honestly say how I'm going to react when it does get played again. I'll pay more attention to the lyrics next time around though.

jc

Troy
02-17-2004, 08:20 AM
http://www.lostamerica.com/samplestuff/tuesday.jpg

You like that new Camel album more than Mirage? Uh, wrong!

That new Coral album is a turd. Seriously lame, eschewing all the playfulness and weird surf-y regae-ness that made the first album so enjoyable. A BIG disappointment.

Enoch Light is pure 1962 loungecore bachelor pad music. Sounds REALLY clean.

That Dave Stewart/Babs Gaskin (Hatfield and the North) early Ryko release has serious bronze-ing issues. Not skipping yet, but there is some jitter and staic happening. Uh-oh . . .

That Mermen is a new find. It's live recordings done in a local college radio station from the mid-90s. Wicked surf instrumentals.

Dave_G
02-17-2004, 08:58 AM
Ya wacko!

Just because I like it more doesn't mean that it's any better or worse than Mirage.

I just happen to dig Nod.

But here again I'm not deep into the old Camel stuff just yet, lots to listen to from them, ya know.

Too much music, not enough time.

Greasepit

DarrenH
02-17-2004, 09:22 AM
Some new Aerosmith stuff - Thanks DarrenH - okay but they are stale anymore.

Kind regards,

Dave

Which ones? I can't remember which Aerosmith I sent ya. I think it was Nine Lives and Get A Grip. Get A Grip was given to me and I bought Nine Lives in the used bins for cheap. I don't have Just Push Play, nor will I ever have it.

Stale? Like warm keg beer that's been sitting in the sun for a day or two stale or like day old bread stale? I can at least eat the day old bread but that warm, two day old keg beer would be intolerable.

But I agree with you. The newer stuff isn't that great.

Take care Dave

Darren

-Jar-
02-17-2004, 09:35 AM
The last few days I've been working some on a new comp tentatively titled Radio K-Dave so I've been listening mostly to that group of CDs. It's gonna be about 60 minutes/15 songs and mostly upbeat music with a little 10 minute otherwordly electronic excursion in the middle just to mix it up a bit. Some of it's jangly power pop, lots of brit-pop, some indie pop/rock and a little punky pop. All from about the last 10 years or so. Nothing too loud or hard rocking, kind of like a block I might program on a Sunday afternoon radio show - one of those PwrPopGuy-type comp ideas :). Lots of smiles and foot tapping and some air guitar is what I was after. Anyway, it was just for fun and I'm not done with it yet, but right now it looks kind of like this.....

Frank Black And The Catholics - Bullet <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> Dog in the Sand
Grandaddy - The Crystal Lake <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> The Sophtware Slump
Moonbabies - Sun A.M. <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> The Orange Billboard
Head of Femur - Me, My Dad, My Cousin, and...Ronnie <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> Ringodom or Proctor
Luna - Slash Your Tires <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> Lunapark
Ash - Girl From Mars <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> Intergalactic Sonic 7"s
Hector Zazou - Adventures In The Scandinavian Skin Trade <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> Songs from the Cold Seas
Kreidler - Au-Pair <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> Appearance and the Park
Blur - Girls & Boys <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> Parklife
The La's - Timeless Melody <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> The La's
Shack - I Want You <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> HMS Fable
The Libertines - The Good Old Days <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> Up the Bracket
The Wedding Present - Suck <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> Seamonsters
Yo La Tengo - Sugarcube <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> I can hear the heart beating as one
Idlewild - Live in a Hiding Place <i><font size="-1">from<font></i> The Remote Part

Th-th-th-tha-that's all folks

PS: Anyone else know and love this one? :)

<font size="-1"><i>We've talked so long
Suddenly it's Tuesday
We still don't know
If what we want is wrong
I just love hearing you say
"Oh please don't go"

Darling can't you keep
Your head next to my head
Oh just stay here
Because I can't fall asleep
Even in my own bed
Until you're near

No, you'll go away
Of course that's not what I want
Oh I've missed you
That's what I thought you'd say
But you must know that I can't
Resist you

You suck it all right out of me
You suck it all right out of me
</i></font>

yah.. only a tune from one of the bestest British albums ever..

<i>I heard another voice this morning on the phone..
just the other day I thought you said you slept alone
yes, I know that laughter ok now I see,
you wouldn't even know him if it hadn't been for me..</i>

off the top of my head of course.

that comp looks nice.

send me one and I'll send you MY comp that contains the song "Sugarcube" (I'm pretty sure I haven't sent it to you before..)

-jar

tugmcmartin
02-17-2004, 10:12 AM
I've been on a big moe. kick this past week in preparation for a two night stand at the Fillmore with Galactic this past weekend. I went to the saturday show. AMAZING. Galactic, which i haven't really been into before, blew me away. I'll definitely be checking out more of their stuff. Anyway, here's what i spun last week until now....

moe. - L
moe. - wormwood
moe. - warts and all, vol. 1
moe. - warts and all, vol. 2
allman brothers band - second set
brown couch - curious

T-

skewiff
02-17-2004, 11:31 AM
My ear candy was

Kinks- the Ultimate Collection 2 cd one A sides the other B, there's no choosing.Brilliant.
Maroon 5- Songs about Jane
Los Lonely Boys-st This a Goodie.
Diana Ross-Diana Expanded version
Jet-Get Born. I really like this a lot.

A whole bunch of reggae.

Tony

-Jar-
02-17-2004, 11:54 AM
My ear candy was

Kinks- the Ultimate Collection 2 cd one A sides the other B, there's no choosing.Brilliant.

A whole bunch of reggae.

Tony

I don't find myself listening to Reggae much in the winter.

Weird.

I think what happens is that as soon as I can drive around with the windows down, I listen to reggae constantly for a couple months.. May and June.. then by the end of summer I'm kind of off it for a while.

-jar

JimN
02-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Clive Gregson & Christine Collister, Change In The Weather- some remarkable songs on this one. Dunno how I missed them in real time, but glad to get this. Collister's voice is amazing.

Wow, now there are two artists that you don't see mentioned very often! If you like "Change in the Weather", then definitely pick up "Home and Away". It's a great, albeit low-budget, representation of their live acoustic shows from the mid-eighties. I picked it up as a cassette at one of their shows, and then bought it again when it was re-released on CD. I actually got to see them perform several times throughout the eighties, both as an acoustic act, and as part of Richard Thompson's band. Their acoustic shows were always very entertaining...great songs, Christine's voice, and Clive's sense of humor - always made for a great show. Too bad they stopped recording together so many years ago.

tentoze
02-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Wow, now there are two artists that you don't see mentioned very often! If you like "Change in the Weather", then definitely pick up "Home and Away". It's a great, albeit low-budget, representation of their live acoustic shows from the mid-eighties. I picked it up as a cassette at one of their shows, and then bought it again when it was re-released on CD. I actually got to see them perform several times throughout the eighties, both as an acoustic act, and as part of Richard Thompson's band. Their acoustic shows were always very entertaining...great songs, Christine's voice, and Clive's sense of humor - always made for a great show. Too bad they stopped recording together so many years ago.
Thanx for the tip, Jim. I'll keep me eyes wide open for that one. My first run-in with them, other than backin-up playing to RT's band, and I like it a lot.

:D

JDaniel
02-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Several goodies this week:

The Cold Mountain Soundtrack. Very good, and very reminiscent of O' Bro Where Art Thou.

The Essential Fabulous Thunderbirds Collection (always a fav.)

Delbert McClinton "Room To Breathe" (another fine DM disc)

Frank Zappa "Strictly Commercial"

Nanci Griffith "The MCA Years - A Retrospective"

Annie Lennox "Bare" (this one's growing on me with each spin)

Lost Highway "Lost & Found Vol. 1"

A just plain awful new album from Sting.

RPM's Queen Sampler (where is Rick anyway?)

Sarah MacLachlan "Afterglow" (a fine album)

JD (waiting on the CRSv9 tracks to roll in)

Chip_B
02-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Govt Mule - s/t. Haven't spun this one in awhile and I'm scratching my head over why I haven't included their version of 'Mother Earth' on any of my Blues Deluxe comps...gotta fix that for the next package.

The Smithereens - God Save the Smithereens. I've always liked their dark pop and this is an overlooked gem. Lots of keepers. I'm thinking that I need to do a personal comp soon.

Jerry Douglas - Restless on the Farm. Just listened to a couple of tunes featuring Sonny Landreth for a comp I'm planning (a companion to DLD's fine Sonny Landreth et al collection). Both tunes were excellent.

Los Lonely Boys - s/t. Decent ceedee that jolts in places and loses its charge in others.

DLD's Sonny Landreth, et al comp. The Landreth stuff I have, but the 'extrees' were for the most part, outstanding. Liked several of the Darden Smith tunes as well as the John Fahey cut (I could listen to Fahey play guitar all day).

Kinsey Report - Smoke and Steel. Not as bad as Powerhouse; not as good as Midnight Drive. Overall, not bad, but not anything to get excited about.

Joe Bonamassa - Blues Deluxe. Mighty fine Blues rockin' throughout, especially on 'Burnin' Hell'. The thing that really grabs my attention when I listen to this album is how much he's improved as a vocalist. He's really developed his phrasing well.

Dada - El Subliminoso. Man, I love this CD! Great hooks, great songs!

Hank Dogs - (forget the title). Richmon sent me this one and I like it much. Several fine, spare songs.

-Chip

ForeverAutumn
02-18-2004, 06:48 AM
My ear candy was

A whole bunch of reggae.

Tony

My husband picked up the Jet disk on Saturday. I'd never heard of them, but on first listen I liked the disk a lot. I was thinking that a track from this disk might end up as my contribution to CRSv9. We'll see.

How is that Maroon 5 disk? A friend of mine played a track and a half of it for me (that's all we had time for) and it sounded interesting. Is it good?

Chain - Reconstruct. I mentioned this before and I can't stop listening to this. I just think it's a great prog rock album. The vocals of Matt Cash are outstanding and that sets this apart from Henning's other project, Frameshift. Well done Henning Pauley.

PS. I forgot to mention FA's most excellent Trews comp entitled House Of ILL Fame. This is pretty damn good. Got my motor revving over the weekend for sure. Also, her Canadian Toonies comp. Still absorbing this. Lots of singer/songwriter stuff. Will report later.

I recieved both the Chain and Frameshift CDs in the mail this week. I haven't had time to listen yet (yeah, I know this thread is for what I have listened to), but I'll let you know what I think of both once I've had a chance to take them in.

I also picked up another disk by a new prog band called Cryptic Vision. The CD is called Moments of Clarity. I'll review it for you once I've had a chance for a couple more spins. On first spin, it sounds like they've directly ripped off their style from Dream Theater, Spock's Beard and Pink Floyd. The music is good, but there isn't much that sounds original.

I'm glad that you liked The Trews. I sent out three evaluation copies to you, Finch and Davey. Both you and Finch have come back with positive responses. I haven't heard from Davey yet.

Aside from those mentioned above, I have listened to....
John Denver - The Wildlife Concert (I had to pull this one out after our JD discussion last week).
3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun
Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow
Marillion - A Singles Collection
No Man - Together We're Stranger
No Man - Returning Jesus

It's been kind of a mellow week.

Davey
02-18-2004, 09:36 AM
yah.. only a tune from one of the bestest British albums ever..

<i>I heard another voice this morning on the phone..
just the other day I thought you said you slept alone
yes, I know that laughter ok now I see,
you wouldn't even know him if it hadn't been for me..</i>

off the top of my head of course.

that comp looks nice.

send me one and I'll send you MY comp that contains the song "Sugarcube" (I'm pretty sure I haven't sent it to you before..)

-jar
Oops, sorry I deleted that post before I realized you'd already replied to it. Guess your post looks kind of silly now, eh? ;)

Yeah, if I do finish the comp I'll send you one. The Sugarcube song is kinda what inspired me to wanna do it. Such a cool song. Even made a post about it the other day. Don't remember one of yours with Sugarcube so should be a safe bet. I did mention your Mutation comp the other day that has a different song from that album. That's a nice comp.

EDIT: Hey, have you ever heard the radically altered live version of Sugarcube on one of those Matador samplers. They expand it to over 7 minutes and keep it real slow and quiet. Recorded on a professional Walkman by a guy in the audience. Sounds kind of like Bardo Pond or one of those type bands. Kind of weird :)

-Jar-
02-18-2004, 09:41 AM
Oops, sorry I deleted that post before I realized you'd already replied to it. Guess your post looks kind of silly now, eh? ;)

you're the silly one.. deleting perfectly good posts.

:p

BarryL
02-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Kansas - I made a "non remastered comp" culling from Kansas, Masque, and Song for America". Muy excellente musics, wish the remasters would hurry up and get done.

Kind regards,

Dave

My copy of Masque is remastered. It has one previously unreleased bonus track called It's You (demo). I don't know about the others.

BarryL
02-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Ya wacko!

Just because I like it more doesn't mean that it's any better or worse than Mirage.

I just happen to dig Nod.

But here again I'm not deep into the old Camel stuff just yet, lots to listen to from them, ya know.

Too much music, not enough time.

Greasepit

I hate to say bad things about Camel and Latimer, because I love his guitar playing and sense of flow, but I actually find this effort annoying. I rarely play it.

Troy
02-18-2004, 03:06 PM
I hate to say bad things about Camel and Latimer, because I love his guitar playing and sense of flow, but I actually find this effort annoying. I rarely play it.

Yeah, I agree. I think some of the instrumental sections are really great, but overall the album is too sentimental and cutsie-poo for me. Dos Malos.