Manufactures reviews? Where are they? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Manufactures reviews? Where are they?

stevef22
03-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Where can I find reviews or biographies on the speaker manufacture?

I use SpeakerReview for reviews on speakers all the time. I think it would be cool to have a list of manufactures with a background on them.

I find that when searching around CL and Ebay that I come across some odd manufacture names. As a newbie I search around until I find some info on that company. I dont know if the product is good quality, company reputation, etc. It would be nice to have all this info in a central place.

Is there already a site with this?

Thank you,

Steve

basite
04-01-2007, 02:15 AM
errr,
you could just check out the manufacturers site...
most of the time they have a 'about us' or a 'history' or so page, lots of info there...

it would be easy of course, but it's really alot of work to get it on the site and update it every time...

and btw,
found a second marantz amp yet? :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

stevef22
04-01-2007, 10:11 AM
People get on this site and update the speaker category every time. Why not have one for manufactures? I found that every manufacture has its "bio" on their site. They all claim to use superior components, be the best and other manufactures, and smack rats in the a**es with awesome components.

Is a biased biography worth it? ( I know not all of the manufactures are like this. ) But, the ones that do exaggerate throw me off.

I will contribute and help build this feature on Speaker Review.

Basite: Na man, still looking for another amp.

http://www.enigmawebdesign.com/sp.png 800 Watt Pro Audio System by Threshbold.

Bingo
04-15-2007, 03:19 AM
:17: I'm probably wrong or misunderstanding what you are looking for - did you ever use the ENJOY THE MUSIC SITE? Go to Google and type in "Enjoy the Music" and click on "I'm Feeling Lucky" and you will be at the Enjoy the Music site where they do have a Manufacturers list and it does include their websites. However, knowing my own lack of expertise, I probably misunderstood what you wanted and this may not be it...but give it a try, it might be it. They also have reviews on all audio components... please let me know if this is what you wanted...(can't be...??? that would be too easy)....Bingo