Speaker output reversal tool? :S [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker output reversal tool? :S

Aidanswede
03-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey guys, this may sound an odd setup but bare with me! I have my computer set up in the corner of my room and its my media centre, music, dvds you name it. I have it set up on a extended desktop with my lcd monitor which is on the opposite side of the room, so I can watch movies from my computer from my sofa, and it works great! The problem is, my 6.1 speaker configuration is surrounding my desktop computer, and i have to move around the connections on my subwoofer to get the speakers to output the surround sound the right way round....when i go to the other side of my room and turn 180 degrees round to watch movies...... anyone know of an easier way, like a program where i can change which speaker outputs what? ^^ I'm such a geek lol

Luvin Da Blues
03-29-2007, 05:50 PM
How handy are you at electrical wiring? Are the surrounds the same as the fronts? How fussy are you with the sound?

You could do it with enough low voltage relays (4 pole double throw with silver contacts) and have it reverse with a single remote switch. If you don't know how I could provide a wiring schematic. Functional but................

hydroman
03-30-2007, 12:10 PM
How about an interface to use the TV monitor for displaying your movies? I know they are starting to emerge. Use the computer to host all your digital music and play through the system as well.