Lip sync/AV delay adjusting? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lip sync/AV delay adjusting?

r.j.sanc26
03-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Nice forums...think I might stick around awhile!

My question is, I just got a new HK AVR 745(replaced my dead DPR-2005) and I'm having some sync issues. I ran HKs EZSet calibration set and got most of the adjustments close to where they need to be - only minor tweaking was needed at that point. Upon using the receiver I noticed a decent size delay from the audio out of the 745 vs the audio out of the TV - giving off that "hall" echo type effect - I figured it could be fixed by adjusting delay (distance) and av sync delay. I made what I thought to be the correct adjustments and I am still having the issue. Can someone explain the formula for setting distance as it relates to sync delay?

I realize that the easiest way to fix this is by utilizing only my 745's audio, by often I find that I have to use the speakers on the TV, late night+sleeping kids+wife=:( It's just easier to have both as an option, any thoughts or suggestions?

thanks

Rock789
03-28-2007, 01:54 PM
can't answer your question, but have an alternate solution to using tv speakers...

turn the gain on the center channel way up, then turn the master volume lower than normal...
for tv/dvd, you will get mostly voices without most other sounds...

I also found by running my center with the high pass crossover @ 80hz, voices seem to be much more clear...

hope this helps,
Mike

r.j.sanc26
03-29-2007, 06:30 AM
I figured it out...when all else fails going back to the manual actually works!

It was a video processing setting - Faroudja. This is suppose to enhance the digitized signal but my guess is that since I have all of my video connection going directly to the display and audio to the 745 that this was adding additional processing to only the audio portion thus producing a very audible "delay" effect vs the audio coming out of the display.

Just an FYI for people out there, perhaps this can help some else out as well.

Rock789
03-29-2007, 07:12 AM
cool
glad you got it working ;)