Love's Not A Competition, But I'm Winning. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Love's Not A Competition, But I'm Winning.

ForeverAutumn
03-27-2007, 02:39 PM
I picked up the brand new, hot off the presses, Kaiser Chiefs disk today called, Yours Truly, Angry Mob. It's very good. If you liked Employment, definately pick up this one. There were no surpises here. It was the expected Brit-Pop disk with lots of catchy tunes. Fun, fun, fun. I haven't read the lyrics yet, but after listening, they seem a little less angry and a little more mature that the last CD. I expect to be spinning this a lot in the next while.

And since their last disk was called Employment, I suspect that it's no coincidence that the last track on this disk is called Retirement.

I also paid an extra $5 to get a "limited edition" copy that had one extra track and a DVD with six live songs. I haven't had a chance to view the DVD yet so I can't comment on whether it's worth the extra money yet.

bobsticks
03-27-2007, 06:50 PM
...wwheww...I'd thought you'd become a Moonie for a second.

Mike
03-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Spooky, just been listening to that very track on a compilation at lunchtime today, my favourite on the album so far.

Cheers
Mike

ForeverAutumn
03-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Spooky, just been listening to that very track on a compilation at lunchtime today, my favourite on the album so far.

Cheers
Mike

I think it's the best track on the CD.

BTW, thanks for the year-end comps you sent me. I keep forgetting to bring them into the office for a spin. But I am looking forward to hearing them. You always send me in good directions (you were the one who introduced me to the Kaiser Chiefs after all!). Cheers!