Troy is famous [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Troy is famous

unleasHell
03-27-2007, 06:26 AM
and he got his picture in the paper too! Well not his actual picture, but a picture he took.

He was apparently out doing his photography and came across a spoiled food dump.

it was in the OC Register either last Friday or Saturday. Seemed he stumbled across a dumping ground for the local Orange County Food bank, who was supposed to be feed the homeless with it, not flies and ants in the desert..

They stated his whole name and even had a quote from him.

Good work Troy...
LINK: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17759883/

And to keep it music related, I would like to invite everyone to pull out their copy of Future Days by the German rock group: "CAN" or the Dead Kennedys' release: "FRESH FRUIT FOR ROTING VEGETABLES"

Swish
03-27-2007, 07:22 AM
I was wondering where J came up with the line "that would be as dumb as dumping food in the desert to rot" in the last "50 Albums That Changed Music" thread, so now I know.

Nice job Troy. So you're not just a pretty face?

Swish

bobsticks
03-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I'd kinda wondered about this. I saw some great stuff on your website and was considering some pics for the listening room. PM me if you do that sort of thing...

Troy
03-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Nice job Troy. So you're not just a pretty face?

No, I have a nice ass too.

It's funny, all I did was put the images online as part of my daily ulpoading to flickr.com:

http://flickr.com/photos/lostamerica/sets/72157600018073425/

And a reporter from MSNBC found them, contacted me and the whole thing just kinda blew up from there. That story has really taken on a life of it's own. I understand it's breaking in the LA Times today too.

Famous? Hardly. It's about the story, not me.

Dusty Chalk
03-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah, really -- wouldn't want to waste your 15 minutes on that.

ForeverAutumn
03-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah, really -- wouldn't want to waste your 15 minutes on that.

LOL!

Hey Troy, answer Bobsticks question, would ya? I think that it's a great idea! I need some new pictures/posters for my office. I ordered some stuff off of the Roger Dean web site, but one of your pics hanging in here would be really cool. Only not a pic of rotting food okay? If I want rotting food, I'll just open the door to the community fridge. ICK!

BradH
03-28-2007, 12:39 PM
And to keep it music related, I would like to invite everyone to pull out their copy of Future Days by the German rock group: "CAN"...

Don't you mean Ege Bamyasi?

Stone
03-28-2007, 12:55 PM
I'd kinda wondered about this. I saw some great stuff on your website and was considering some pics for the listening room. PM me if you do that sort of thing...

I think this question is answered right on his website (or at least it used to be).

bobsticks
03-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Yah, Troy's web designer didn't count on dealing with the least observant person in the world...

..and all the pretty colors confused me.

Jim Clark
03-28-2007, 02:04 PM

Heck yeah, I've got some. Plus if you like his photos you should grab his book. Really cool forward by Stan Ridgway which if you idolize the man like I do makes it worth the price. Oh, and there's some more pics in there too.

Troy's pretty much the man. In San Fran that might not be saying too awful much but there you have it.

jc

Troy
03-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks you guys. I'm offically uncomfortable now. Can we talk about something else?

ForeverAutumn
03-28-2007, 06:30 PM
I think this question is answered right on his website (or at least it used to be).

Troy has a website?

:smilewinkgrin:

Thanks Stone. Found the answer.

MindGoneHaywire
03-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks you guys. I'm offically uncomfortable now. Can we talk about something else?

No. Suffer.

unleasHell
03-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Don't you mean Ege Bamyasi?

YES, I DID!

THANKS,.

Dave_G
04-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Troy is cool. Some of his comp cover artworks are the bomb.

I never met him personally yet, but he does owe me a beer.

Plus he was on TV promoting his way of making toons.

Dave