Sonus Faber Grand Domus [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Faber Grand Domus

hi-fi mike
03-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi, This is my frist time to the forum, so if there is any one who has a pair of these SFGD I would like to get some feed back on the kind of speaker cables you have tryed. I just resently got these babies before them I had a pair Def Tec BP-30 That I was running as my fronts in a 7 channel set up but I really listen to more 2 channel music SACD and redbook CD,I was using a bi-wire cable from Signal Cable that was great on the Def Tech,s.But the GD wasn,t bi-wireable so I sent them back to have them changed to 2 wire set up. While I was waiting for them to return i put on a old pair of Audioquest cables that were soild copper the Signal Cables were stranded. I still like the over all sound of the SC cables but the solid copper of the Audioquest did bring out more in a tighter bass and strings sounded more true.So if you have the Grand Domus I would like to here what you are using.I,am running them with a Bryston 4BST and a Aragon Stage One processor.

bobsticks
03-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey Mike,

First and foremost, welcome to the forum. Sorry to say I don't know of any of the regulars who've got the Sonus Fabers (nice speaks, by the way) but there are several characters over on Audiogon that rather cherish them. Perhaps you can find more specifics there.

If ya got anything else, "fire away" and we'll do our best...

hi-fi mike
03-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey bobsticks, Thanks for the welcome I have been to the Audiogon site before I think that is where I first learned of Frank at Signal Cable.I have been thinking of up grading from his copper stranded reference cable to the Silver Reference speaker cable a solid copper and stranded silver. Have you or do you know anyone that have tryed them would welcome any feedback. Thanks Mike

bobsticks
03-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Nah buddy, I'm the wrong guy to ask about cables--just not too much experience. My guys in the biz are whipping up some custom cables for some in-home experimentation. Due in two weeks, that will be my first go-around with anything beyond the sane and ordinary. You might check the cable forum...