I heard the new Rush single [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I heard the new Rush single

ForeverAutumn
03-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Freakin' excellent tune. One of the best they've recorded in a while. I can't wait to hear the new disk now. Out on May 1.

Mr Peabody
03-24-2007, 07:55 PM
But you bought their cover tunes album, can we trust you:)

PeruvianSkies
03-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Freakin' excellent tune. One of the best they've recorded in a while. I can't wait to hear the new disk now. Out on May 1.

It's been awhile since they put out anything that I've been really excited about, so let's hope this one is a keeper. Such a great collection of talent...ahhhhh.

ForeverAutumn
03-25-2007, 05:57 AM

But it was only $8.99 and I've hardly ever listened to it! :(

I've given up waiting for the next 2112 or Farewell to Kings. This new song is more like something that you might find on Counterparts. Fun, nice hooks, great musicianship.

PeruvianSkies
03-25-2007, 07:54 AM
But it was only $8.99 and I've hardly ever listened to it! :(

I've given up waiting for the next 2112 or Farewell to Kings. This new song is more like something that you might find on Counterparts. Fun, nice hooks, great musicianship.

You said that you are not in North American...where are you located exactly?

GMichael
03-25-2007, 08:18 AM

Great new Autumn. I can't remember the last time I bought anything new from Rush.

N. Abstentia
03-25-2007, 09:26 AM
I downloaded their new song from the Zune store, it does sound great but like most recent Rush stuff it makes me long for the older Rush stuff. Of course I'll be buying the new CD though!

ForeverAutumn
03-25-2007, 10:58 AM
You said that you are not in North American...where are you located exactly?

Huh? I never said that. Contrary to what some Americans may think, Canada is part of North America. :ciappa:

I'm in Toronto. Rush's home town. I once ran into Geddy Lee (not literally) in a parking lot . :cornut:

Mr Peabody
03-25-2007, 01:51 PM
The last Rush album I bought was Moving Pictures. I just can't get into much past that point. I do like the song Subdivisions. They don't seem like a band that's likely to return to their roots, too bad.

bobsticks
03-25-2007, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=ForeverAutumn]Huh? I never said that. Contrary to what some Americans may think, Canada is part of North America. :ciappa: [QUOTE]

"Canada, what street is that on?"--Al Capone

N. Abstentia
03-25-2007, 07:33 PM
For me, Presto was the last stomachable Rush album. Roll The Bones really started the downhill slide with silly lyrics and pop-ish sounds. For me, every album up to Presto was packed full of perfect tunes. Presto did have Superconductor which was really silly, so it had one stinker. But Bones had 3-4 stinkers. The next one had 5-6 stinkers. The one after that had 6-7 stinkers and so on and so fourth.

So why am I buying the new Rush? Because it's the new Rush :)

Dusty Chalk
03-25-2007, 08:00 PM
All you old fogies need to pick up Counterparts -- yes, when bands get older there's more filler than in their golden most productive periods, but the filler on that one is quite tasty, and the really good stuff is phenom.

And there's no rapping.

PeruvianSkies
03-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Huh? I never said that. Contrary to what some Americans may think, Canada is part of North America. :ciappa:

I'm in Toronto. Rush's home town. I once ran into Geddy Lee (not literally) in a parking lot . :cornut:

For some reason I was confused because you had said that the ZUTONS was not released in North America and I guess I took that as you might be in Europe or something. Anyway, I'm a few miles south of Toronto....in Pittsburgh. LOL.

N. Abstentia
03-26-2007, 03:02 AM
All you old fogies need to pick up Counterparts -- yes, when bands get older there's more filler than in their golden most productive periods, but the filler on that one is quite tasty, and the really good stuff is phenom.

And there's no rapping.

I got three words for that:
Speed Of Love :)

But you're right...when Counterparts is good, it's really good.

kexodusc
03-26-2007, 03:55 AM
SWEEEEEEEEET!!!

FWIW, Vapor Trails had some wicked tunes on it - you just have grit your teeth to listen to the CD - but live it's all killer!

GMichael
03-26-2007, 05:15 AM
After 2112, I have reacted the same for each new Rush LP or CD I bought.
Step one: Huh? This is crap compared to (fill in last CD).
Step two: You know, this isn't that bad.
Step three: This is their best work yet.
Step four: I really miss their old sound. Where's my RUSH CD?
Step five: I guess I should play them all in order now.
Step six: I sure wish that Rush would come out with something new.

Before, and including 2112, all my reactions were, "WOW! This is great! TURN IT UP!!!!

Sometime in the early 80's, I took a trip to Niagra Falls. A few of us camped in a KOA on the Canadian side for two weeks. We met up with a group of semi locals who were about our age (early 20's). After the first week they asked us if we'd like to see a great band. They took us about an hour away to some small bar/club. There was a band playing that I had never heard of (don't remember the name they used). But the guys on stage were Rush. Couldn't believe my eyes. Got to meet the band. Too bad all I kept saying was, "wow, you guys are great." Couldn't get my head out of the "wow stage."

Rich-n-Texas
03-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Rush will be in Dallas in August, tickets go on sale Saturday. I saw Rush in concert in Philly back in the 80's and I was simply blown away. I walked out with my jaw scraping the sidewalk. Definately one of my all time favorite bands. Jacobs Ladder, Red Barchetta, YYZ, the list goes on & on.

ForeverAutumn
03-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Having seen them about eight times in 20+ years, I can confidently say that they're still as good in concert now as they were back then.

Rich-n-Texas
03-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Having seen them about eight times in 20+ years, I can confidently say that they're still as good in concert now as they were back then.

That makes you the Rush equivalent of a Dead Head. :thumbsup:

Duds
03-29-2007, 12:36 PM
I wasn't too impressed. And as far as seeing them this tour, I dont know, same set list every tour.

Why dont they re-learn some stuff like Necromancer, Here Again, Tears, etc. Wishful thinking on my part

3-LockBox
03-30-2007, 08:47 PM

That's just plain old funny:lol:

3-LockBox
03-30-2007, 08:57 PM
That makes you the Rush equivalent of a Dead Head. :thumbsup:

That's Rushhead thank you very much...

Rush is still, a much underappreciated concert experience. They just gots it.

3-LockBox
03-30-2007, 09:01 PM
I been doing the MP3 thingy for the last few months or so, and I ripped a few Rush tunes indescriminately, and I happened upon my favorite Rush tune in years, Available Light. Just an incredible vocal turn by our Geddy Lee. I love the song. And I've been prevy to it for all these years and just never really heard it, until a few weeks ago. Wow.

Rich-n-Texas
03-30-2007, 09:49 PM
"We have assumed control... We have assumed control... We have assumed control... "