The Decemberists - Castaways and Cutouts [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Decemberists - Castaways and Cutouts

ForeverAutumn
03-24-2007, 07:27 AM
I received my copy of this CD from Amazon yesterday. Oh yeah! I love it! I just placed my order for Picturesque (Her Majesty was going to delay my order by two weeks, so I put that one on hold until they get it in stock). After hearing C&C and The Crane Wife, this band has earned Blind Faith status from me. I don't know how they flew under my radar for so long.

Oh, wait a minute, yes I do... Several times I had a copy of Picturesque in my hands, but then decided that I didn't want to pay the $24.99 that the CD stores were asking for it, here. It's unfortunate that somebody feels the need to overprice some CDs so much, that it discourages buyers from discovering new bands. Bad economics. And unfortunate for the band who could be selling far more albums.

Slosh
03-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Don't forget Five Songs (which is actually six songs). In fact . . .
NP:

ForeverAutumn
03-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks. On you rec, I've just added it to my shopping cart to go in with my next order.

bobsticks
03-24-2007, 12:50 PM
... Several times I had a copy of Picturesque in my hands, but then decided that I didn't want to pay the $24.99 that the CD stores were asking for it, here. .

Damn that Canadian exchange rate. My newly discovered hole-in-the-wall local has all the Decembrist titles for 16.99US. I'll b ethinking of ya while I'm snappin' em up, FA.

ForeverAutumn
03-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Damn that Canadian exchange rate. My newly discovered hole-in-the-wall local has all the Decembrist titles for 16.99US. I'll b ethinking of ya while I'm snappin' em up, FA.

Thanks. But I found 'em for only $17.99 on Amazon.ca. Hmmm. With the exchange, that's even cheaper than your hole-in-the-wall. :ciappa:

bobsticks
03-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks. But I found 'em for only $17.99 on Amazon.ca. Hmmm. With the exchange, that's even cheaper than your hole-in-the-wall. :ciappa:

:prrr: :prrr: :prrr: :prrr: