Mad Max [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mad Max

Gerald Cooperberg
03-23-2007, 08:47 PM
I just picked up this DVD on the cheap and enjoyed watching it with the "Pop Up Video" trivia subtitles on. As informative as a regular commentary track with a bonus pang of nostalgia for the 1990s.

-Coop

PeruvianSkies
03-23-2007, 11:11 PM
I personally was always a bigger fan of THE ROAD WARRIOR. Though I do remember this DVD (I think you are referring to the Sp. Ed. from MGM) having some cool perks. I can't recall...did they do a 5.1 remix for it? If memory serves it has a dubbed track on it as well.

Smokey
03-24-2007, 08:50 PM
I think everybody agree that Road Worrier is better than either of its prequel MadMax or the sequel Mad Max III. It seem to be out of print as I couldn’t find any copy locally. But looks like a special edition re-release of this movie is in the work

May be they should do another Mad Max movie with the same theme as Road Worrier :D

PeruvianSkies
03-24-2007, 10:25 PM
I think everybody agree that Road Worrier is better than either of its prequel MadMax or the sequel Mad Max III. It seem to be out of print as I couldn’t find any copy locally. But looks like a special edition re-release of this movie is in the work

May be they should do another Mad Max movie with the same theme as Road Worrier :D

....wasn't it called WATERWORLD? LOL

Gerald Cooperberg
03-25-2007, 06:57 AM
I can't recall...did they do a 5.1 remix for it? If memory serves it has a dubbed track on it as well.

Yeah, there is a 5.1 version of the original audio track (if there was ever a movie made for it, it's this one-- a lot of the action really relies on the sound) and you can switch on the American dubbing for laughs, too. The disc also includes bonus featurettes on Gibson's breakthrough performance and the film's international success as well as a commentary track with some of the production team (strangely sans Gibson or George Miller).

-Coop

Troy
03-25-2007, 03:26 PM
The reason the third Max movie sucked was because they killed the best character in the series at the end of the second act in the 2nd movie: His Car. "The last of the V8 Interceptors." Not having Max driving some badass car the entire movie was a really stupid idea.

I hope you can turn off the pop up feature because that renders a movie completely unwatchable for me.

PeruvianSkies
03-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Anyone else remember the TV show from 1987 called THE HIGHWAYMAN?

I don't know why but this show always reminded me of MAD MAX.