E30 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : E30

Darcher84
02-16-2004, 05:06 PM
I was woundering but whats the difference on the E30 and the S26? Is there a marjor difference?? I have now is the S26 but I was woudnering if the E30 would sound better then my speakers.

JSE
02-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Buy them and see if you like them better. Best Buy carries them so returning them would be easy if you don't like them. Personally, from what I have heard, the new E-series sound much better than the S-series. Granted, I heard them at Best Buy in a poor listening environment. I think JBL took a big positive step with their new E-series.

JSE

Darcher84
02-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Well if thats the case I am amazed that the price is alot cheaper than the S26 even the E30 sounds better.

JSE
02-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Not sure if the E30 sounds better than the S26. It may or may not. But in general, the E-series speakers seem to be a big improvement over the Studio and Northridge (sp?) series. I listened to the E80 and E90, I think, a couple of months ago. Not bad. Definitely better than the previous models. I actually liked them better than the Athenas which are a pretty highly regarded speaker in it's class.

JSE

filecat13
02-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Yes, the E30 seems a good step forward for JBL's consumer offerings. I heard/saw them at CompUSA, where the listening experience is worse than BB. They sounded very good.

Darcher84
02-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Well this is strange I talked to JBL and they said they put both North and studio series together and made the E series so they said the studio series sounds alot better then E series.

Darcher84
02-17-2004, 04:12 PM
But do you guys still think the E Series are alot better??

This Guy
02-17-2004, 05:07 PM
It doesn't matter what any of us think. Go listen to them for yourself. It is JBL's opinion that the studios sound better than the E series, and if I'm not mistaken, the studio also costs more. Are you looking for new speakers or trying to find out every little detail about the JBL speaker company?

_joey

JSE
02-17-2004, 05:29 PM
But do you guys still think the E Series are alot better??

I do, but that's just my opinion and my ears. You or someone else may find the opposite to be true. It all depends on what you like. Go listen and choose the speaker that sounds good to you. Like I mentioned earlier, buy them and try them out. If you don't like them, return them.

JSE