View Full Version : Ted Leo interview at the A.V. Club today

Gerald Cooperberg
03-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Worth checking out if you appreciate him as I do:

http://www.avclub.com/content/interview/ted_leo

-Coop

Slosh
03-21-2007, 01:45 PM
What do you think of Living With The Living? I think it has some very good songs but far too much filler for me to listen straight through. Now that I think about it that's true of all of the RX albums. I guess he'll never do anything up to the level of Chisel's Set You Free again but there still are plenty of good songs left in him, he just needs to edit himself a bit more IMO.

Ex Lion Tamer
03-21-2007, 06:28 PM
What do you think of Living With The Living? I think it has some very good songs but far too much filler for me to listen straight through. Now that I think about it that's true of all of the RX albums. I guess he'll never do anything up to the level of Chisel's Set You Free again but there still are plenty of good songs left in him, he just needs to edit himself a bit more IMO.

Set You Free is a great album, but Tyranny of Distance is pretty darn good too, the rest of The Pharmacists stuff, (that I've heard), is pretty meh. I'll probably pass on this latest.

Stone
03-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Pfft.

Tyranny of Distance blows away Chisel, and Shake the Sheets was damn good too. What are you guys smoking?

Edit: Oh, and Ted's cover of "Since U Been Gone" was entertaining as well.

Ex Lion Tamer
03-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Pfft.

Tyranny of Distance blows away Chisel, and Shake the Sheets was damn good too. What are you guys smoking?

Edit: Oh, and Ted's cover of "Since U Been Gone" was entertaining as well.

I'm smoking some Okanagan Valley Gold. What are you smoking?

Slosh
03-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Tyranny blows away 8AM All Day but not Set You Free. Two against one. We win :D

NP:

Gerald Cooperberg
03-23-2007, 08:33 PM
What do you think of Living With The Living? I think it has some very good songs but far too much filler for me to listen straight through.

Yeah, some of it isn't as immediate as in the past, but it hardly bothers me when the good stuff is as good as it is. "La Costa Brava" is his most anthemic track since "Biomusicology" (and maybe since "Treble in Trouble") and there's such a sense of unbridled passion throughout that it's hard for me to nitpick.

-Coop

Gerald Cooperberg
03-23-2007, 08:42 PM
I just realized when re-reading an earlier post that I've used "unbridled" as a descriptor twice in rapid succession. I either have a subconscious yen for a romance novel or just really prefer my music bridle-free.

-Coop