AAARRGGHH! H/K AVR635 Broke [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AAARRGGHH! H/K AVR635 Broke

kexodusc
03-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Can't remember who, but a year or two ago another guy here had similar headaches with an H/K cd player. As I recall he called them and they treated him first class all the way until his problem was resolved...took a few units, but he stopped complaining, so I assume things worked out.

GMichael
03-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Can't remember who, but a year or two ago another guy here had similar headaches with an H/K cd player. As I recall he called them and they treated him first class all the way until his problem was resolved...took a few units, but he stopped complaining, so I assume things worked out.

Another time warp!

But yeah, they took care of him. They sent him 2 or 3 replacements. In the end they upgraded him to the next model up for no charge. I think it was bjornb17

hydroman
03-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Dang!

The 'new/reconditioned' replacment reciever from H/K (because the first one didn't work at all) has now failed! After only a month of (light) operation.

I suspect a s/w or processor failure. The display lights up (completely) but won't respond to any commmands (from the remote or manually).

I did the unplug n' wait. I did the 'reset' to no avail.

Not Happy. :incazzato:

AmpNow
03-22-2007, 10:59 PM
He stopped complaining because he replaced the whole thing.
McIntosh MA6500 Integrated Amplifier (http://www.who-sells-it.com/cy/mcintosh-laboratory-inc-1500/ma6500-integrated-amplifier-5971.html) - Get the MA6500 Integrated Amplifier Catalog by McIntosh Laboratory, Inc.

hydroman
03-23-2007, 11:57 AM
I have ordered the CDR with the s/w to re-load. If that doesn't work i need to crate it up and send it back.

royphil345
03-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Once you have a problem, it's likely you'll have more when they start sending you returned units that tested fine and turn out to have intermittent or hidden problems. Hopefully you won't have to go through much more of this. I've heard of several people getting upgraded to brand-new newer models after a few tries, so it will all work out eventually. Their receivers seem generally more reliable than their CD players...

If it happens again, just act nice but extremely sad and disappointed you still haven't been able to use what you paid for after all this time... Suggest that you deserve a new unit at this point. You've gone without the new receiver you paid for too long to take another chance... Chances are they won't have any more of your model around and they'll have to upgrade you to something nicer.

GMichael
03-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Once you have a problem, it's likely you'll have more when they start sending you returned units that tested fine and turn out to have intermittent or hidden problems. Hopefully you won't have to go through much more of this. I've heard of several people getting upgraded to brand-new newer models after a few tries, so it will all work out eventually. Their receivers seem generally more reliable than their CD players...

If it happens again, just act nice but extremely sad and disappointed you still haven't been able to use what you paid for after all this time... Suggest that you deserve a new unit at this point. You've gone without the new receiver you paid for too long to take another chance... Chances are they won't have any more of your model around and they'll have to upgrade you to something nicer.

All good points. You may have to go through more than one replacement before they upgrade you. It never helps to get too excited too soon. You'll want the guy/gal on the other end of the line to want to help you.

hydroman
03-26-2007, 11:24 AM
yep. Agreed. I just sent the email to 'scott' at H.K extolling the virtues of the unit and my sadness [booboo face] at less than 8 hours on the replacement unit. My Lovely Wife is excellent at phrasing a customer service issue just right to get the attention and outcome she wants. 'Don't mess with the chihuahua!'

I am watching/learning from her.

Stand By.

hydroman
03-28-2007, 12:00 PM
UPDATE
Scott is hookin' a brutha' UP! Sent the free return shipping label! H/K is already impressing me with their service. This is where it counts. Take care of me.

r.j.sanc26
03-28-2007, 12:22 PM
I recently had the same type of issue with my DPR-2005...I received a replacement "reconditioned" unit that had numerous blemishes and dents (no where near to what an HK product should look like), not happy at all I contacted customer service (cs) and the rep happily sent out another replacement (for my replacement). That unit was DOA, contacted cs again and went off a bit more, not a ton just enough to get my point across....to make a long story short I am now enjoying my brand new AVR 745 receiver! Come to find out that all of my venting made it's way up the HK chain and low and behold a few days later I receive a very apologetic email from the VP of customer service....HK definitely values it's customers, great cs, one of the best around - IMHO.

Keep on HK about your player, if they can't make it right with a reconditioned product, bet they'll upgrade you to a new unit....keep us posted!