03-19-2007, 08:53 AM
that indeed was very nice of him...

If I bought very expensive speakers...
then would the dealer give me some nice amps too??? :ihih:

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Bernd
03-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Door bell. Opens door - got some wine for you mate. I didn't order any. Well it's here.

One of the puppies from the last litter went to a huge hunting estate in northern Italy. The owner , on picking the puppy up, must have taken pity on my depleted wine rack, hence todays delivery un-beknown to me.
We got:

24 Bottles of - Via Ulivi Chianti

24 Bottles of - 2004 Gold Medal french Pinot Noir

24 Bottles of - 2005 Gold Medal french Cabernet Sauvignon

24 Bottles of - 2005 Macon Rouge Burgundy

and 12 Bottles of extra Virgin Olive Oil from the estate.

My rack is full again and I can forsee merry times ahead.:)

:16:

GMichael
03-19-2007, 09:30 AM
That was very nice of them. But the puppy will last longer.
When's the party?

JohnMichael
03-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Door bell. Opens door - got some wine for you mate. I didn't order any. Well it's here.

One of the puppies from the last litter went to a huge hunting estate in northern Italy. The owner , on picking the puppy up, must have taken pity on my depleted wine rack, hence todays delivery un-beknown to me.
We got:

24 Bottles of - Via Ulivi Chianti

24 Bottles of - 2004 Gold Medal french Pinot Noir

24 Bottles of - 2005 Gold Medal french Cabernet Sauvignon

24 Bottles of - 2005 Macon Rouge Burgundy

and 12 Bottles of extra Virgin Olive Oil from the estate.

My rack is full again and I can forsee merry times ahead.:)

I love when people show their appreciation.

GMichael
03-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Geez... Forget the time warp. Posts just seem to go in randomly now.

Bernd
03-19-2007, 09:46 AM
That was very nice of them. But the puppy will last longer.
When's the party?
Yes it was, considering they have paid a lot of money for a small dog.

Whenever.:)

Bernd
03-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Geez... Forget the time warp. Posts just seem to go in randomly now.

I am confused again.:(
What is going on. I am sure Dusty posted yesterday too.

Anyway here is a pic of the one we kept. Almost five months old now.

GMichael
03-20-2007, 08:15 AM
I am confused again.:(
What is going on. I am sure Dusty posted yesterday too.

Anyway here is a pic of the one we kept. Almost five months old now.

Oh my. That's one very cute puppy! What's his/her name?

I'm sure the time thing will settle down. I have planted 3 KG of C-4 in the time tunnel. The next time it flips on..... BOOM!

Dusty Chalk
03-20-2007, 08:21 AM
I am sure Dusty posted yesterday too. Yeah, sorry about that dude. I forgot I was timetravelling when I made that post, so it actually ended up showing up before yours, so I deleted it. But now that I'm back, I'll post my response again:

That must be one hella nice pup!

Oh and let us know if any particular wine improves your audio system.

Oh, and I love the colorings -- very beautiful doggy.
I'm sure the time thing will settle down. I have planted 3 KG of C-4 in the time tunnel. The next time it flips on..... BOOM!Well, thanks for warning me! I was about to have just gone through...that could have been me...

Bernd
03-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the explanation. Hope it's safe to post. Wouldn't want to be the cause of any Boom!
Her Kennel name is "Waldmeister Guillemot" we call her "Guille". She turned out to be very nice and we are really pleased how she is maturing.

At the moment the Pinot Noir does enhance the listening pleassure very nicely. A beautiful drop of red.

The next lot are due on April 15th.

Florian
03-20-2007, 08:38 AM
He looks like my little Bastie :)

http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/medium/bastie1.jpg

http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/medium/DSC00660.JPG

http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/medium/P1020328.JPG

Bernd
03-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi Flo,

Fine looking dog you've got there. Yours looks like a Rauhaardackel (Standard Wirehaired Dachshund). We have the Zwerg (Miniature) Variety.
Hope you enjoy him and wishing you many happy times together.

basite
03-20-2007, 10:06 AM
they're both very nice dogs :)

we had a dog once, he was very nice and calm, he didn't bother about the 2 midget dogs the neighbours had. He even got on very well with our cat...
But then there were fireworks, we went to see the fireworks (he stayed home, like all other dogs, he didn't like firework) and during that time, it managed to get away from our house, and we never found him again...

now only the cat remains...

anyways,
any other wines that enchanced the sound?

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

ForeverAutumn
03-20-2007, 04:17 PM
I WANT A DOG! I want one of Bernd's dogs.

I don't like red wine. I'd rather have the doggie. But it was a very generous thing to do. Heck, one bottle of wine would have been nice. But 96? Geez, it would take me years to drink all that.

Florian
03-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Hi Flo,

Fine looking dog you've got there. Yours looks like a Rauhaardackel (Standard Wirehaired Dachshund). We have the Zwerg (Miniature) Variety.
Hope you enjoy him and wishing you many happy times together.

Thanks Bernd,

we get along well eventough he takes the sweet spot too often ;-)

JohnMichael
03-21-2007, 12:14 PM
I have wine but I do not have a dog. In my advancing years I shall get me one. After all it may be the only thing willing to sit on my lap and lick my face.

bobsticks
03-21-2007, 12:44 PM
I have wine but I do not have a dog. In my advancing years I shall get me one. After all it may be the only thing willing to sit on my lap and lick my face.

...not touching that one. It's too easy. I won't do it.

GMichael
03-21-2007, 12:51 PM
...not touching that one. It's too easy. I won't do it.

I will.
Hey John,
Did you mean "sit on my face and lick my lap?"

bobsticks
03-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Congrats, B. That's a nice haul and an unexpected pleasure. Here in the midwest where people think wine should be pink, a good red is hard to find. Enjoy.

Obviously your work is paying off and folks "in the community" are taking notice. Your frequent absences from the forum confirm this and I'm sure you excel at the new projects. Make sure to take the time to appreciate the success ( a good snort always helps, eh)

Regards,
M

P.S. Guille is quite fetching

jrhymeammo
03-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Dogs are great, arent they?
While I dont see the point of buying dogs when there are too many dogs looking for a loving home in shelter cages, but all I care is those little bastards are well taken care of.
Then again, I havent been going to thrift stores to see if I can rescue some audio gears.

Hey Bernd, have you ever refused selling pups to people you didnt quite trust?

but DAMN that a cute looking dog.

PEACE OUT

Bernd
03-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Dogs are great, arent they?

Hey Bernd, have you ever refused selling pups to people you didnt quite trust?

PEACE OUT

In answer to your question. YES. Lots of times. I have also taken dogs back when I found out that untruths:( have been told. I know where all the dogs we've bred are and how they're doing.

jrhymeammo
03-22-2007, 08:41 AM
See, that's just awesome Bernd. You are too good of a man.

Peace out.

topspeed
03-22-2007, 03:19 PM
That is one heckuva dog to get that much wine in appreciation :yikes:! I'm sure the graciousness of the hunting lodge was in response not only to the pooch but also your character and generosity.

Congrats. Cute dog!

Here in the midwest where people think wine should be pink, a good red is hard to find. Enjoy.
OK, that made me spit my water all over the screen! :lol: Pink wine...:rolleyes:

GMichael
03-23-2007, 05:29 AM
OK, that made me spit my water all over the screen! :lol: Pink wine...:rolleyes:

Would that be a blush maybe? :blush2: