Speaker & Amp for Marantz CD5400 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker & Amp for Marantz CD5400

determinedmoth
03-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Hello all
I've had a cobbled together set-up for a good few years, that currently comprises of;

Marantz CD5400
Sony TA-F448E
Mordaunt-Short 10i

I'm sticking with the Marantz for now, but want to invest about £800 ($1,500) over an integrated amp and some larger floor standing speakers.

I'm very out of touch and need some pointers of where to start auditioning some kit (ie - what products to even consider).

I don't need to spend all that either - it's an upper limit. If there's anything listed at richersounds.com that would be worth a look - that's ideal.

JohnMichael
03-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Hello all
I've had a cobbled together set-up for a good few years, that currently comprises of;

Marantz CD5400
Sony TA-F448E
Mordaunt-Short 10i

I'm sticking with the Marantz for now, but want to invest about £800 ($1,500) over an integrated amp and some larger floor standing speakers.

I'm very out of touch and need some pointers of where to start auditioning some kit (ie - what products to even consider).

I don't need to spend all that either - it's an upper limit. If there's anything listed at richersounds.com that would be worth a look - that's ideal.

I own the Cambridge Audio Azur 640A integrated and am very pleased with the quality of sound. I have read that CA is a house brand for Richer Sounds. The new 540A V2 might be a good amp for you. I am not sure what speakers they carry so I can not help you with a recommendation. Of course with speakers it is best to trust your ears.

I just checked out their site and I would say check out the KEF Q5.