View Full Version : sony speakers

william sanders
03-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Purchased a set of surplus speakers (new). Need wiring diagram for

Sony Speakers Model # ss-wgv8
Serial # F3541938

Luvin Da Blues
03-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Not sure what you mean in regards to wiring diagram...do you mean hookup diagram?

see my post in this thread..Help me Replace my HTIB speakers

audio_dude
03-17-2007, 07:26 PM
do you mean like internal wireing?? or the external hookups?

william sanders
03-17-2007, 10:12 PM
I need external wiring schematic at this time. Thanks for your response.

SAEA501
03-18-2007, 04:05 AM
An external wiring diagram for speakers??

Speaker, amp......positive to positive, negative to negative. Repeat for the other side. Turn on amp, enjoy tunes.

As mentioned above, not sure what you are after. If it is how to connect them, then what I wrote above is pretty much it. Use a decent quality speaker wire, 12 or 14 gauge, make sure they are connected correctly, red to red, black to black, and.....that's pretty much it.

audio_dude
03-18-2007, 01:47 PM
what he said ^^^^

simple and it works, i like it!

Florian
03-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Well ya need some cables first. Then run the red to the red and the negative to the negative. I dare to say that if you run negative to positive and positive to negative that you wont hear a difference with the sonys so enjoy :cornut:

audio_dude
03-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Well ya need some cables first. Then run the red to the red and the negative to the negative. I dare to say that if you run negative to positive and positive to negative that you wont hear a difference with the sonys so enjoy :cornut:

watch out, you may make SVI mad :P

(speaking of him, where the hell is he? did he finally leave?!? :cornut: :cornut: )

TIC
03-28-2007, 03:37 PM
William,

I did a bit of searching and the Sony ss-wgv8 is the model number of a subwoofer that is part of a low end 5.1 home theater system. It is likely that you are going to need to contact Sony for information as the wiring scheme is probably unique to that set.

Do a google search using "Sony ss-wgv8" and you will find some references to this system and Sony's manual.

Enjoy,

TIC