Sniffle...Sniff...SNIFF [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sniffle...Sniff...SNIFF

ForeverAutumn
03-12-2007, 05:40 PM
This sucks. I'm on vacation this week. Today, I started to develop a cold. I had all of January and February where I could've been sick and wouldn't have cared. Why does it have to happen the one week of the winter that I'm not working?!?!?!

It's so unfair. :sad:

Dusty Chalk
03-12-2007, 06:42 PM
My condolences. If it's any consolation, my new year's eve was ruined by a flu.

kexodusc
03-13-2007, 05:05 AM
Crown Royal = Cold killer! :)

GMichael
03-13-2007, 05:37 AM
I remember the last time you were sick. You thought it was great that you got to catch up on all your Lost DVD's. Maybe it's time for a review. If not, that Crown Royal is sounding mighty good.

L.J.
03-13-2007, 07:22 AM
I feel your pain. This happened to me a few years ago. I started feeling sick a day before vacation and we could not cancel our hotel rsrv because we had a net direct rate. I was also taking my kid to his first ML baseball game and didn't want to miss it. A day into our vacation I was full blown sick. I had the worst soar throat in my life and every swallow was agony. I toughed it out for four days and didn't start to feel better until the day we were leaving.

JohnMichael
03-13-2007, 07:24 AM
I hope you are not getting what I had. Two weeks of coughing up nasties from my lungs and all the post nasal drip. Could not go anywhere without a supply of tissues. I looked like a gargoyle in a rain storm. Stuff pouring out of my face continuously. I have not been sick in years and I am always surprised at how much nasty stuff can be produced somewhere in the body.

ForeverAutumn
03-13-2007, 07:25 AM
I remember the last time you were sick. You thought it was great that you got to catch up on all your Lost DVD's. Maybe it's time for a review. If not, that Crown Royal is sounding mighty good.

Yeah, but then I was working and got to take the time off work. That always makes being sick more fun. But being sick when you don't have to work just plain sucks.

I do have the first six episodes of Heroes that a friend lent me. And I recently bought S1 of 24 (I've never seen the show).

Hmmmm. Maybe a quick trip to the liquor store and an afternoon of DVDs doesn't sound so bad after all.

Thanks.

ForeverAutumn
03-13-2007, 07:29 AM
I feel your pain. This happened to me a few years ago. I started feeling sick a day before vacation and we could not cancel our hotel rsrv because we had a net direct rate. I was also taking my kid to his first ML baseball game and didn't want to miss it. A day into our vacation I was full blown sick. I had the worst soar throat in my life and every swallow was agony. I toughed it out for four days and didn't start to feel better until the day we were leaving.

Oh, that's awful. That happened to my husband a few years ago. We planned Disney Land & Sea vacation for his 40th birthday. 4 nights in Disneyworld and 3 nights on a Disney Cruise. We arrived in Orlando on Sunday afternoon. By Sunday night he wasn't feeling too good. By Monday morning, he had developed the worse case of the flu that he'd ever had. He spent our whole time in Disneyworld in bed. We were gonna cancel the cruise, but his fever broke the night before so he said that he still wanted to go. Big mistake. He was still weak and coughing like crazy. We should have just called it for the disaster that it was and gone home.

Live and learn.

GMichael
03-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Yeah, but then I was working and got to take the time off work. That always makes being sick more fun. But being sick when you don't have to work just plain sucks.

I do have the first six episodes of Heroes that a friend lent me. And I recently bought S1 of 24 (I've never seen the show).

Hmmmm. Maybe a quick trip to the liquor store and an afternoon of DVDs doesn't sound so bad after all.

Thanks.

That's the spirit!

ForeverAutumn
03-13-2007, 07:36 AM
I hope you are not getting what I had. Two weeks of coughing up nasties from my lungs and all the post nasal drip. Could not go anywhere without a supply of tissues. I looked like a gargoyle in a rain storm. Stuff pouring out of my face continuously. I have not been sick in years and I am always surprised at how much nasty stuff can be produced somewhere in the body.

That's a lovely description. :lol: I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better.

pat07
04-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Being sick is probably one of the worst events in my life. I can't do anything and even eat my favorites.