Lunchtime CD finds - Chris Duarte, Radiohead, Ryan Adams ... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lunchtime CD finds - Chris Duarte, Radiohead, Ryan Adams ...

JDaniel
11-19-2003, 12:07 PM
I trekked down to a used cd store on campus and walked away with a few goodies:

Radiohead - Kid A

Ryan Adams - Gold

Chris Duarte - Texas Sugar Strat Magik (I love Duarte. Chip, I'm sure you've already got this, but if not, go find it. Duarte is stunning.)

Jennifer Knapp - The Way I Am

and an Emmylou Harris Christmas Album (working on my Christmas comp, and this one will add a tune to the comp).

Not bad for $16 and some change.

JD

jasn
11-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Gold is a mixed bag, IMO, which improves in the later tracks. Nobody Girl is my standout favorite, even though it goes on for about 1-2 minutes too long.

Jim Clark
11-19-2003, 02:55 PM
Not bad for $16 and some change.

JD

Great price for 5 Cd's but 16.00 seems a bit steep for lunch.

Stay tuned for more deep thoughts.

jc

Chip_B
11-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Chris Duarte - Texas Sugar Strat Magik (I love Duarte. Chip, I'm sure you've already got this, but if not, go find it. Duarte is stunning.)

Jeff - check the early Blues Deluxe comps. My Way Down is on #3 and Big Legged Woman and Scrawl are on #4, All three were taken from Texas Sugar. Cleopatra (from the follow-up CD "Tailspin Headwhack") is on #8. :cool:

-Chip

JDaniel
11-20-2003, 05:40 AM
Chip, I knew about Duarte from your BD series - that's how I learned about him. You and I talked about him off-line one time. Big-Legged woman is a fav. of mine off the BD series, as is Ian Moore's "Muddy Jesus" (my absolute fav. of all 21 discs). This was my 1st Duarte purchase. Looks like Tailspin Headwhack may be next.

I've got a package almost ready to send to you. Just some odd/ends stuff (but it's good odds/ends stuff!).

JD

ps - would somebody please beat the UGA Dawgs

Chip_B
11-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Chip, I knew about Duarte from your BD series - that's how I learned about him. You and I talked about him off-line one time. Big-Legged woman is a fav. of mine off the BD series, as is Ian Moore's "Muddy Jesus" (my absolute fav. of all 21 discs). This was my 1st Duarte purchase. Looks like Tailspin Headwhack may be next.

I've got a package almost ready to send to you. Just some odd/ends stuff (but it's good odds/ends stuff!).

JD

ps - would somebody please beat the UGA Dawgs

I look forward to receiving it.

BTW, it's UT that needs to lose. :p

DarrenH
11-21-2003, 11:01 AM
BTW, it's UT that needs to lose. :p

Vandys' on a roll. First SEC conference win in a what, 300 years :rolleyes: . Tennessee better watch out :D

Darren