I "finished" my Home Theater [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I "finished" my Home Theater

Robert-The-Rambler
03-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Anyhow, I'm a little pressed for time as I need to get to work soon. I will just give a brief rundown of what my setup looks like now as far as audio is concerned.

The Source: Pioneer VSX-1016 TSV

The Power: 8 Behringer EP2500 amplifiers 450 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms .1% distortion running in parallel mono powering two speakers for every channel in a 7.1 setup

The Speakers:

Center: Two Sony SS-CN550H

Mains: 4 Sony SS-MF550H

Rears and Surround Back: 4 Sony SS-MF550H and 4 Sony SS-MB150

Subwoofers: 2 Pyle PASW18 18" DJ Subs and 3 Sony SA-WX700 subs with 200 watt min RMS each

I hope to get pics posted as soon as I clean up the post apocalyptic mess I have in the listening area.

P.S I'm listening to channel 833 on Optimum IO Cable for Long Island customers and it just sounds so cool in 7 channel stereo. BTW, that is Soundscapes, 7800 watts of soundscapes. <>___<> Its like being in a huge Cathedral listening to a cool choir slash orchestra/band.

spf
03-13-2007, 05:45 AM
[QUOTE=Robert-The-Rambler]Anyhow, I'm a little pressed for time as I need to get to work soon. I will just give a brief rundown of what my setup looks like now as far as audio is concerned.

The Source: Pioneer VSX-1016 TSV

The Power: 8 Behringer EP2500 amplifiers 450 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms .1% distortion running in parallel mono powering two speakers for every channel in a 7.1 setup

The Speakers:

Center: Two Sony SS-CN550H

Mains: 4 Sony SS-MF550H

Rears and Surround Back: 4 Sony SS-MF550H and 4 Sony SS-MB150

Subwoofers: 2 Pyle PASW18 18" DJ Subs and 3 Sony SA-WX700 subs with 200 watt min RMS each
QUOTE]

A nice little receiver, followed up by an onslaught of 450 watt amplifiers to power 4 pairs of $150/pair speakers and 2 pair of $50/pair speakers??? Am I missing something here? If you love the sound of the Sonys that's fine but it seems a bit overkill to me when they're rated at 150 watts max. I'm not even going to comment on the subs cause its a very subjective thing. But if you're happy then that's all that matters. Congrats.

Shane

GMichael
03-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Enjoy the sound. Have a safe trip to work.

L.J.
03-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Well, where's the pics?

I used to own Sony speakers from that line. I had the 750 towers though. I sold them to my brother and had the rest sitting in my closet for a couple of years. I sold everything off recently and used some of the money to buy my C-7's.

Robert-The-Rambler
03-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Well, where's the pics?

I used to own Sony speakers from that line. I had the 750 towers though. I sold them to my brother and had the rest sitting in my closet for a couple of years. I sold everything off recently and used some of the money to buy my C-7's.

I have an unexpected day off from work tommorrow so what better to do than crank some tunes while taking photos. The pics are on the way!!!!!! I

nightflier
03-13-2007, 03:52 PM
I'll second what spf said: why did you opt for Sony speakers?

Robert-The-Rambler
03-13-2007, 04:14 PM
I'll second what spf said: why did you opt for Sony speakers?

I wanted the JBL Venue Series but I could not fit it in my car. I would have had to make multiple trips back and forth to Best Buy and I thought that for the money the Sony line would do just fine. The boxes are just so huge for the JBL floorstanders that I did not want to put up with the transportation logistics and the higher price. Then I figured for the insanely low price of the Sony's why not double up on every channel. I hatched that plan because I know the listening room is not idea at all for speaker placement. That will be clearer when you see the pics. Sure I knew most people would think it the wrong way to go but it has been so much fun to play around with and it is simply the loudest, deepest system I've ever had to date. Vocals sound so good. Orchestras sound like symphonies. An explosion will knock hemmoroids loose.

hydroman
03-14-2007, 12:15 PM
I wanted the JBL Venue Series but I could not fit it in my car. I would have had to make multiple trips back and forth to Best Buy and I thought that for the money the Sony line would do just fine. The boxes are just so huge for the JBL floorstanders that I did not want to put up with the transportation logistics and the higher price. Then I figured for the insanely low price of the Sony's why not double up on every channel. I hatched that plan because I know the listening room is not idea at all for speaker placement. That will be clearer when you see the pics. Sure I knew most people would think it the wrong way to go but it has been so much fun to play around with and it is simply the loudest, deepest system I've ever had to date. Vocals sound so good. Orchestras sound like symphonies. An explosion will knock hemmoroids loose.

I strongly suspect a second trip with the JBLs to audition them in this set up would help you understand the quizzical looks... If you still like the Sonys better - :confused5:

nightflier
03-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Vocals sound so good. Orchestras sound like symphonies. An explosion will knock hemmoroids loose.

I've never heard such colorful language to describe anything from Sony. When you do upgrade and sell the Sonys, you should use this in your eBay item description.

...And I also think the JBLs would have been worth the extra trip.