Radiient Europa's....opinions? alot for the $$$$ [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Radiient Europa's....opinions? alot for the $$$$

orgasmdonor
03-10-2007, 08:43 AM
I just took a shot in the dark and purchased a pair of Radiient Europas for $99 dollars w/free ship for the pair. The specs on this bookshelf along with weight and cosmetics of the product made me curious. These babies are gonna be bad or good. I don't give a crap if a speaker looks good or not, just sounds good. They are 17lbs a piece so i'm guessing they are looking at a 15-20 dollar ship charge at least. I did not need new bookshelves but I have three different systems and what the heck. Do any of you have any experience with the Radiient product line or any input ?

audio_dude
03-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Direct quote from radiient's site:

" * Carbon-fiber bass/midbass driver cone for low midrange sonic coloration
* Time-aligned phase-coherent coaxial midbass/high frequency drivers
* Hybrid low-order phase-coherent crossover
* Advanced Oblate Quasitriangular Antiresonant (OQA™) cabinet design
* Low-diffraction hybrid multilayer front baffle with jet-black piano-gloss finish
* Gold-plated five-way binding post input connectors "

considering all the BS and "technical" jargon... (meaning lots of made up words!) I'd say you didn't get TOO ripped off... give 'em a listen, they've been compared to those ex$50 insignia's... (same speaker, different name)

oh, and what the hell is a "Advanced Oblate Quasitriangular Antiresonant (OQA™) cabinet design"???

orgasmdonor
03-10-2007, 10:06 AM
The insignias at best buy shipped to your door are about 95 bucks. At the store you can get them for 72 plus tax. I did not buy into Radiient's jargon. I read a favorable pro review on them and that sparked my curiousity. If these speakers suck I will destroy them by placing them in front of my dual stacked SVS PB12-NSD's and watch them crack and crumble during War of the Worlds.

audio_dude
03-10-2007, 11:03 AM
haha! nice!

yeah, the insignia's USED to be $50, and they often go on sale for about $35...

Then they raised the price... Best Buy sucks...

Dusty Chalk
03-11-2007, 01:43 AM
The Insignias were Best Buy's slightly lower quality version of the Europa, not the same. They didn't even have the supertweeter. So basically, it's an improvement on an already killer speaker, I'd do it. If I had the extra dosh, which I don't right now.

audio_dude
03-11-2007, 12:32 PM
yeah, if they sound good, great, if they don't... that sucks.

let your ears be the judge, and the sentence if they don't beat the rap is a sledge hammer...