Worst T.V. to movie Transfer... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Worst T.V. to movie Transfer...

Worf101
03-09-2007, 04:31 AM
I hate these things. I hate them more than Nazi's on Roller Skates. I would see everyone involved banished to salt mines for the duration. I wan them arrested, their wives and children taken, their pets abducted... oooooh you turtles!!!! Hate isn't strong enough, loathe, despise, abhor, detest, etc.....

Da Worfster

GMichael
03-09-2007, 06:39 AM
First of all, Markw, what was your idea? Maybe Worf missed one, or two. He likes it when you point out his mistakes. Makes him stronger!

I voted for the Avengers. When I was a kid this was a great show to me. I don't remember it being a whacky comedy like the movie was. It really bothered me. As far as the Dukes, Rocky & Moose-head, and some others here, they were weak comedies to begin with. The remakes sucked, but I didn't have high hopes to begin with. They were what I expected. The Avengers movie ripped my heart out.

kexodusc
03-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Easy: Lost In Space...

Worf101
03-09-2007, 07:00 AM
First of all, Markw, what was your idea? Maybe Worf missed one, or two. He likes it when you point out his mistakes. Makes him stronger!

I voted for the Avengers. When I was a kid this was a great show to me. I don't remember it being a whacky comedy like the movie was. It really bothered me. As far as the Dukes, Rocky & Moose-head, and some others here, they were weak comedies to begin with. The remakes sucked, but I didn't have high hopes to begin with. They were what I expected. The Avengers movie ripped my heart out.
A man after my own heart. Well at least I had one till they ripped mine out and placed it alongside yours. Yes... I have to agree. The whole affair was awful, worthless and dreadful. I've never seen a bigger waste of first rate talent. Even had Sean Connery playing the villain. How can you screw that up???

Da Worfster

Worf101
03-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Just outside the Top 10. If I had eleven slots, there it would be.

Da Worfster

GMichael
03-09-2007, 07:05 AM

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on Earth who liked this movie. But I did like it. Was even hoping for a second. My biggest gripe was that they didn't get Bill Mummy to play the boy as an adult.

kexodusc
03-09-2007, 07:13 AM
But of these choices - The Avengers - my expectations were soooooo high...That movie stunk.

L.J.
03-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on Earth who liked this movie. But I did like it. Was even hoping for a second. My biggest gripe was that they didn't get Bill Mummy to play the boy as an adult.

*LJ slowly stands up*

I liked it, kinda. I guess. Maybe.

*sits back down*

GMichael
03-09-2007, 09:49 AM
A man after my own heart. Well at least I had one till they ripped mine out and placed it alongside yours. Yes... I have to agree. The whole affair was awful, worthless and dreadful. I've never seen a bigger waste of first rate talent. Even had Sean Connery playing the villain. How can you screw that up???

Da Worfster

When there's a will, there's a way. And someone sure wanted to make a piece of high grade crap here.

Thanks LJ. Glad someone else at least didn't hate Lost in Space.

recoveryone
03-09-2007, 10:11 AM
I put my vote on the Honeymooners, my wife drag me to this one and I knew it was bad from the start. I was surprise that Miami Vice made the list. The movie was dead on with the show, all flash and trash no real plot and no charactor depth. To me Bad Boys (Will & Martin) was the next step in the Miami vice livelyhood. Which give some respect to the Miami law enforcement community.

Woochifer
03-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Worfster, I'm either fortunate or willfully ignorant, but I've not seen any of the movies on your list! Blues Brothers not withstanding, conceptually I'm just not into the TV show-to-movie genre. There seem to be lot more misses than hits in this genre, and the misses miss big time.

Out of the movies on the list, the one that seemed most offensive to me was Rocky and Bullwinkle -- Robert DeNiro as Fearless Leader?! Jason Alexander as Boris Badinov?! WTF?! Some things are just best left alone.

Dusty Chalk
03-09-2007, 10:17 AM
On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the worst, and 10 being the best, many of these movies rate in the negatives. Well into the negatives. That said, I have a hard time hating one more than another.

kexodusc
03-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Gotta say, the Flintstones and Scooby Doo were worse than at least a few of these...

Now, if they come out with "Airwolf - The Movie", or "The A-Team: The Musical" pencil me in!

Worf101
03-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Gotta say, the Flintstones and Scooby Doo were worse than at least a few of these...

Now, if they come out with "Airwolf - The Movie", or "The A-Team: The Musical" pencil me in!
Shhhh.... you say that too loud and sure as God made little green apples (hmm might be a song there somewhere) some hollywood hacks gonna make it!!!!

Shaddup, shuttin' up!!!

Da Worfster

Worf101
03-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Worfster, I'm either fortunate or willfully ignorant, but I've not seen any of the movies on your list! Blues Brothers not withstanding, conceptually I'm just not into the TV show-to-movie genre. There seem to be lot more misses than hits in this genre, and the misses miss big time.

Out of the movies on the list, the one that seemed most offensive to me was Rocky and Bullwinkle -- Robert DeNiro as Fearless Leader?! Jason Alexander as Boris Badinov?! WTF?! Some things are just best left alone.
Are one lucky, lucky man!!!! Sometimes "willfull ignorance" can be a GOOD thing. LOL

Da Worfster

GMichael
03-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Shhhh.... you say that too loud and sure as God made little green apples (hmm might be a song there somewhere) some hollywood hacks gonna make it!!!!

Shaddup, shuttin' up!!!

Da Worfster

I second this. Kex, shhhhh... listen to Mugsie.

Woochifer
03-09-2007, 12:47 PM

Oy, Rosie O'Donnell as Betty Rubble! :eek: I was gonna refrain from mentioning this, but you've forced my hand!

The Coneheads

Hey, if they can make a TV series out of Blue Thunder featuring Dana Carvey as "JAFO," and Dick Butkus and Bubba Smith in supporting roles, just think of the possibilities with Airwolf!

kexodusc
03-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Oy, Rosie O'Donnell as Betty Rubble! :eek: I was gonna refrain from mentioning this, but you've forced my hand!

The Coneheads

Hey, if they can make a TV series out of Blue Thunder featuring Dana Carvey as "JAFO," and Dick Butkus and Bubba Smith in supporting roles, just think of the possibilities with Airwolf!
Pfffff......Blue Thunder had nothing on Street Hawk

Troy
03-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Wow, now that's a list.

I picked Wild Wild West. I had high hopes for that one because I loved the TV show so much as a kid and brother, it let me down HARD. What a turd.

I guess my expectations for The Avengers were non-existstant by the time I saw it on video because it wasn't nearly as crappy movie for me as, say, The Flintstones was. Uma or Rosie, you make the call. Sure loved both TV shows tho.

The Miami Vice move was OK. Gritty. WAY better than the cheesy TV show.

I wasn't as offended by Lost in Space as some of you either. Not great, but I was mildly entertained by it. Still love that it had two GREAT theme songs.

Enough with the negative polls already. How about a poll for BEST TV show film adaptation?

Smokey
03-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Dukes of Hazzard.....what an insult. Boss Hog was turning in his grave.

Dusty Chalk
03-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Enough with the negative polls already. How about a poll for BEST TV show film adaptation?Are there any?

That said, I haven't seen most of these -- some of them I still want to (I need to see Lost in Space, and I definitely need to see Rocky and Bullwinkle -- c'mon, that's gotta be pretty campy, no?), but some of them I heard stank (Starsky & Hutch, Dukes of Hazard, Scooby Do, etc.).

Wasn't Airwolf just a remake of Nightrider with Kit as a plane with less personality, anyway?

kexodusc
03-10-2007, 03:54 AM
Wasn't Airwolf just a remake of Nightrider with Kit as a plane with less personality, anyway?
Aren't they all Americanized rip-offs of James Bond with a cool toy?
Anyone remember Viper?

thekid
03-10-2007, 05:09 AM
Well speaking of James Bond rip offs I wonder why "Man from U.N.C.L.E." has never been ripped off into a movie (or maybe I missed it.) Anyone remember the fake plastic finger toy you could buy that shot darts.......

Any way my vote was for Wild West because, like Troy, I had such great childhood memories of that show. As good as he is in other movies-Will Smith just was not as cool as Robert Conrad

Woochifer
03-10-2007, 05:05 PM

More like a ripoff of Blue Thunder. The movie came out first and did well enough at the box office to spinoff the TV series, which premiered a year later. The TV series though was a ratings flop and got cancelled midseason. IIRC, Airwolf was a midseason replacement that premiered not long after Blue Thunder got cancelled. I guess the series was already too far along in development to pull the plug before it went on the air. Since it survived three seasons, I guess Airwolf fared better in the ratings.

Gerald Cooperberg
03-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Enough with the negative polls already. How about a poll for BEST TV show film adaptation?

I wanted to humor you on this one, but a cursory search of IMDb to jog some memories came up with pretty discouraging results. It seems like the modest successes in TV-to-film adaptations fall into one of two categories-- either productions that come close on the heels of the TV show and feature heavy involvement of the same creative forces (Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy, the Naked Gun movies, Borat), or are based on television programs that are themselves based on something from another medium (mostly superhero comics). The only one that I can think of off of the top of my head that doesn't fit either of those criteria is Traffic, and that's kind of cheating as Traffik was only a miniseries.

-Coop

kexodusc
03-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Only good TV to big screen movies I can recall are Star Trek...and South Park.

Troy
03-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Brady Bunch?

Reno 911?

Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Addams Family?

Waynes World?

Pee Wee's Big Adventure?

South Park?

Serenity?

Star Trek 2?

Twin Peaks?

Naked Gun?

No, we could cull a decent poll from this list.

Gerald Cooperberg
03-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Pee Wee's Big Adventure?

Ohh, there you go. Great one!

Brady Bunch movie, though? Can't agree with you there.

-Coop

PeruvianSkies
03-12-2007, 12:04 AM
I thought this was an incredibly funny send-up to the actual show. I mean it really showed just how silly and pretentious the show was and is. My favorite parts are with Mike Brady played brilliantly by Gary Cole...

Our house is more important than money. This neighborhood is more important than money. Tell me. How many times have we borrowed each other's power tools or patched up each other's kids? We know so much about each other. I know that every January, Mr. Yeager is going to have that big Super Bowl party at his house. We know that every spring, Mrs. Simmons is going to have the prettiest daffodils on the block. We know that at 10:15 every Saturday morning, Mrs. Topping likes to walk through her living room naked. Call me old-fashioned, but these things are important, and they're not for sale. This is our neighborhood, and we're staying.

Cindy, you know by tattling on your friends, you're really just tattling on yourself. By tattling on your friends, you're just telling them that you're a tattletale. Now is that the tale you want to tell?

Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers.

A gift is only a good thing when the giver has given thought to that gift. But when the gift the giver gives gives grief, then that gift should give the givee regrets.

Troy
03-12-2007, 06:53 AM
Yep, the Brady Bunch movie had a sarcastic streak a mile wide. The idea of taking this squeeky-clean 70s family and putting it in a modern context was wickedly funny.

topspeed
03-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Huh. I'm almost in the same boat as Wooch as I haven't seen most of these movies. In fact, of all the choices I've only seen Wild West in its entirety and portions of Bewitched (about half before I fell asleep) and Dukes (about 5 minutes before I vomitted), the latter two on satellite.

Therefore, my vote is quite uneducated for this poll. That said, it's hard to imagine anything worse than Dukes, Jessica's ass or not.

Kam
03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
i went, with an uneducated guess as well since i havent seen many of those, with Wild Wild West. as an aside, as i keep plugging it, there's a very funny story in An Evening with Kevin Smith about this movie and the producer.

kexodusc
03-13-2007, 05:07 AM
i went, with an uneducated guess as well since i havent seen many of those, with Wild Wild West. as an aside, as i keep plugging it, there's a very funny story in An Evening with Kevin Smith about this movie and the producer.

Yes, finally another guy who doesn't think everything Tim Burton touches turns to gold.

Troy
03-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Yes, finally another guy who doesn't think everything Tim Burton touches turns to gold.

Gee, I know a LOT of people that think that way.

Feanor
03-13-2007, 10:39 AM
I hate these things. I hate them more than Nazi's on Roller Skates. I would see everyone involved banished to salt mines for the duration. I wan them arrested, their wives and children taken, their pets abducted... oooooh you turtles!!!! Hate isn't strong enough, loathe, despise, abhor, detest, etc.....

Da Worfster

I never saw any of these. Premonitions maybe?

Worf101
03-14-2007, 04:36 AM
I never saw any of these. Premonitions maybe?
Are another "very lucky man". It is rare that one can go through ones movie viewing career without running into a turd or two. I guess your nose is quite well developed as you sidestepped these suckahs quite deftly. I wish I could say the same on all of em.

Da Worfster

AmpItUP
03-27-2007, 12:56 AM
Ha! I agree that the Avengers is the worst of the lot.

AmpItUP
03-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Ha! I agree that the Avengers is the worst of the lot.