Singer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Singer

flippo
03-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Who is the singer that makes you melt when you hear him/her.For me it has to be Alison Krauss. Her voice is just so pure.

SlumpBuster
03-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Funny you should ask. Right now I have a new favorite. Just this weekend I heard Kristin Chenoweth on a re-run of Praire Home Companion. She had been on the verge of my radar for awhile. I knew her from her roles in various movies and the Westwing. But I picked up her 2001 debut CD on Sunday and have probably listened to it a dozen times already. Showtunes, opera, jazz, swing, even a littl opera... all great stuff. Plus an appearance by George Costanza.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000059T4T.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

She's absolutely amazing, plus she's not half bad in a bikini. :cornut:

http://www.fhmonline.com/images/cms/ct_sexy_desktops/sxdt_dt_sm/48.jpg

shokhead
03-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Nobody,i dont melt.

ForeverAutumn
03-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Jim Cuddy of Blue Rodeo. I just love his voice. When he croons out a ballad like Bulletproof or Pull Me Through, I totally melt.

Hyfi
03-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Annie Haslam
Sandy Denny
Mary Fahl from October Project

Greg Lake

unleasHell
03-08-2007, 08:02 PM
sorry I don't melt either, but sade has got a voice that oozes sex...

as for the fellas:
1970-75 Bowie
Peter Murphy
David Sylvian
Ian McCulloch
Jim Morrison
John Foxx (some)

Swish
03-09-2007, 10:58 AM
...my spine tingles on occasion. Among my favorites would be:

Neko Case - love her voice on pretty much anything

k.d. lang - ok, she bats for the other team, but "Pulling Back the Reins" is nothing short of phenomenal. Roy Orbison proclaimed that she had "the best pipes in the business"

Patty Griffin - hard to believe such a big, bluesy voice can come out of that petite body.

Diana Krall - I have Love Scenes in DTS and it's oozes sex appeal.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
03-09-2007, 01:35 PM
k.d. lang - ok, she bats for the other team, but "Pulling Back the Reins" is nothing short of phenomenal. Roy Orbison proclaimed that she had "the best pipes in the business"

Good call. I get chills whenever I hear her version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.