Lexicon RT-20 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lexicon RT-20

slowGEEZR
03-07-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm seriously thinking about getting the Lexicon player and was wondering if anyone here owned the RT-20 and would share their experience? I know that it doesn't do 1080p or the new HD or BluRay, but I have a large DVD, CD and SACD collection and I'm thinking this unit will get the best out those discs. I'm especially interested in its audio performance, which I suspect is great, from the reviews I've read. I figure I can always get another player for the new HD/BluRay releases later. Any way, if you own one, or have listened to one extensively, please tell me what you think about it. Thanks, Steve.

edtyct
03-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Steve, are you kidding? I think this is one of those times when you simply read the reviews and buy the product if you're favorably inclined and have the cash. The Lexicon spares little expense and effort to get most everything right. The lack of 1080p output is a distinct non-issue. There are lots of less expensive pieces of equipment available that will do a decent job, to various degrees, with standard audio and video (not to mention the hi def decks, which are nothing to sneeze at). Some of them even provide more audio capability through HDMI than the Lexicon does (like DVD-A or SACD), and some of them even bear comparison with each other in a meaningful way. But when you get to the price point and curb appeal of the Lexicon, and you've heard that it lives up to its pedigree across the board, no amount of idle chatter can stand a chance. Buy the damned thing.

slowGEEZR
03-09-2007, 11:49 AM
I decided to wait a bit. I bought a BAT VK-P5 phono amp yesterday, which I should receive Tuesday. It's not like I'm suffering, anyway. I've got about four different DVD players around the house and a Pioneer Elite player for SACD, DVD-A. I will be checking out Meridian, McIntosh, Ayre and a few others before I make the new digital source plunge. Thanks, Steve.