Genesis tickets....ACK!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Genesis tickets....ACK!!

ForeverAutumn
03-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Genesis is opening their North American tour here. Tickets go on sale on Monday. Neither Hubby nor I have ever seen Genesis live. We don't go to very many expensive concerts, but thought that this would be one that we'd be willing to pay a couple hundred bucks to go see.

They're playing a 20,000 seat stadium. According to Ticketmaster EVERY SEAT is $227.00. Every single seat!

We were thinking a couple hundred for the two of us. Not EACH!

:nonod:

Troy
03-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Jeez, that's a lot of dough for that pack of geezers. This tour certainly does smack of "moneygrab", don't it?

I hear they are not playing anything older than Selling England by the Pound. And even then it'll be "I Know What I Like" and not "Cinema Show" or "Firth of Fifth." No Hackett or Gabriel either. All it's gonna be is fodder for the Genesis haters out there. A real "See I tole ya they suck" moment. Too bad, cuz in their heyday they were really great, especially live.

Woochifer
03-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeow! :eek:

That's a VERY far cry from the $22 I paid to see them at the Forum in L.A. back in 1983! I don't think inflation has gone that crazy, so we obviously got some big time price gouging here. I know it's been a while since they last toured, but I don't think their level of fan interest justifies a $200+ ticket price. I might be able to see this kind of pricing if the tour was a reunion with Peter Gabriel (and maybe Steve Hackett), but not for the latter incarnation.

Even The Police, who have built up bigger pent up demand, have been setting aside plenty of $90 and $50 seats for their concerts.

Dusty Chalk
03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Yeezh.

BarryL
03-08-2007, 05:34 AM
They're playing a 20,000 seat stadium. According to Ticketmaster EVERY SEAT is $227.00. Every single seat!

We each have to make our own economic decisions. That's why I'm not going. I'll go see the Musical Box for $30, and with my bad eye sight, I won't know the difference.

ForeverAutumn
03-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Ooops. Additional info on the Ticketmaster web site today says that tickets start at $57 and go up to $227. $57 ain't so bad.

3-LockBox
03-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Ooops. Additional info on the Ticketmaster web site today says that tickets start at $57 and go up to $227. $57 ain't so bad.

Too late now missy!

Think of all the people that won't go to the Genesis concert after having read your initial post....

shame! :blush2:

:ciappa:

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2007, 04:45 AM
Too late now missy!

Think of all the people that won't go to the Genesis concert after having read your initial post....

shame! :blush2:

:ciappa:

It's a sad state of affairs that no-one, including me, thought that the $227 per seat was a mistake.

Swish
03-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Genesis is opening their North American tour here. Tickets go on sale on Monday. Neither Hubby nor I have ever seen Genesis live. We don't go to very many expensive concerts, but thought that this would be one that we'd be willing to pay a couple hundred bucks to go see.

We were thinking a couple hundred for the two of us. Not EACH!

...at the Giant Center in Hershey. While the better seats are up to about $250, you could get nose-bleed seats for about $55.00, still way more than I would be willing to pay to see them. Yeah, I liked them just fine way back when, but Sting out over-stayed his welcome in my book, and I wouldn't spend my money to see him even with the Police. Just no interest (yawn).

Swish

P.S. Lucinda and Alejandro are coming up in a couple weeks, and that will be far more interesting than the Police