PDA

View Full Version : please help...

basite
03-06-2007, 10:44 AM
this might sound weird,
anyways, here goes nothing.

We got homework for music! yay :cornut:
but there is a problem...

I can't find much on the internet, and I don't know it myself so I thought I'd ask you guys.

the situation is this: you're a beginning artist, you made some songs, and you want to release a cd.
the questions:

- Where do you have to go? At which 4 big (biggest) record labels can you go to record your album?

- which steps do you have to take?

- With which people do you come in contact? What are their functions?

- In what ways can you bring your cd to the people? And how do you make sure that your CD gets maximum interest?

I hope this didn't sound lazy (apologies if it did), but I could really use some help...

Any help is welcome,

Rock on,
Bert.

ForeverAutumn
03-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Hey Bert,
Try posting this at the Rave Recs forum. There are a few people there that have some knowledge of the music industry. I don't know if you'll get the help that you're looking for, but it's worth a try.

Cheers!

jrhymeammo
03-06-2007, 04:01 PM
- Where do you have to go? At which 4 big (biggest) record labels can you go to record your album?

- which steps do you have to take?

- With which people do you come in contact? What are their functions?

- In what ways can you bring your cd to the people? And how do you make sure that your CD gets maximum interest?

What is this? Somekinda of a market analysis?
I would say this before anything. Know your music and it's audience first. Then blah blah blah.

Know what are you are selling(not just music, but other areas where you think you excell for others, blah blah blah). Then somem blah blah blah.

Do you have to take a profitable approach? You can always give your music for free and never worry about record executives driving a Bentley.

I'm starting think a bit susprious of this assignment. Is it sponsored by someone?