I hate winter! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I hate winter!

ForeverAutumn
03-06-2007, 05:49 AM
It is currently -22C this morning. With a wind chill of -33C.

Thats -8F with a wind chill of -27F for my American friends.

I need to move to a warmer climate. :frown2:

GMichael
03-06-2007, 05:54 AM

Huh? What the heck are you doing in Canada then?

Looking to move south myself. After a year & a half of building our new house, we're looking to move 6 months after we moved in.:incazzato:

Enjoy that crisp air. We have warm weather here. +2F with 40mph wind gusts.

Resident Loser
03-06-2007, 07:04 AM
...winter and it's cold, refreshing air...you can always dress for it but, you can only take off just so much clothing ...another reason warm weather is bad...there are some folks who should be required to be fully dressed year 'round...

Plus it keeps the noisy, wimpy, little wussies indoors where they belong...and when they do go out, they keep the windows of their rolling boom-boxes closed...

jimHJJ(...winter make you strong like bull...13 deg F, w/wind chill of -2...)

basite
03-06-2007, 08:33 AM
winter skipped Belgium,
It froze here for like what, one day? and there was barely any snow!

and now it feels like spring again, we had like 15°C or 16°C the past days, and sun,
now there is rain though, the B.O.T. left for a while...

Rock on,
Bert.

Feanor
03-06-2007, 09:26 AM

For a start, that's about what it was here in London, ON, this morning.

But I lived for a dozen years in Regina, Saskatchewan. -22C is no worse than normal for January & February there. I was out (briefly) one day in the winter of 2000 or so, when the wind chill was -57C, (-70.6F).

Woochifer
03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Winter, what's that?

Sunny and 70 in Cali! :cool:

Dusty Chalk
03-06-2007, 01:28 PM
People in the US are divided into two groups: Northerners and Southerners. Those of us South of anyone usually picture anyone North of us as being in colder climates than us.

All y'all Cannucks are North of us. I was told (by a Cannuck, no less) that 90% of the population keep just to the North of the border, and for good cause -- you're basically trying to get as far South as possible while remaining in Canada.

I believe much of Canada is along the same latitudes as Siberia. Good luck with that.

ForeverAutumn
03-06-2007, 02:50 PM
People in the US are divided into two groups: Northerners and Southerners. Those of us South of anyone usually picture anyone North of us as being in colder climates than us.

All y'all Cannucks are North of us. I was told (by a Cannuck, no less) that 90% of the population keep just to the North of the border, and for good cause -- you're basically trying to get as far South as possible while remaining in Canada.

I believe much of Canada is along the same latitudes as Siberia. Good luck with that.

Actually, if you look at a map of North America, you'll see that approximately 25% of the US is further north than the southern most point in Canada. And about 20% is further North than where I am in Toronto. The most Southern point in Canada is only slightly North of the most Northern point of California. However, only about 5% of Canada falls into that "south of the US" region. (I'm assuming that my Atlas is to scale when judging these per cents.)

But I don't care about all of that. All I know is that when I went out this morning it was freakin' COLD!

And Feanor, I've never lived in Regina, but I used to travel to Winnipeg on business quite a bit, and I've experienced that sub, sub, sub zero windchill. It, literally, takes your breath away. I hope to never have to experience it again.

GMichael
03-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Actually, if you look at a map of North America, you'll see that approximately 25% of the US is further north than the southern most point in Canada. And about 20% is further North than where I am in Toronto. The most Southern point in Canada is only slightly North of the most Northern point of California. However, only about 5% of Canada falls into that "south of the US" region. (I'm assuming that my Atlas is to scale when judging these per cents.)

But I don't care about all of that. All I know is that when I went out this morning it was freakin' COLD!

And Feanor, I've never lived in Regina, but I used to travel to Winnipeg on business quite a bit, and I've experienced that sub, sub, sub zero windchill. It, literally, takes your breath away. I hope to never have to experience it again.

You must be counting Alaska. That's not to be counted.

kexodusc
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey FA, I'm with ya...I measured 17 inches of accumulated snow on the ground, it's -24 C (-30 something with wind chill) and my little dog has drawn the line on going out to pee.
Can't say I blame him...My back is killing me from the 2nd major snowfall in a week.

This crap didn't happen in Atlanta.

Worst part is, it's too damn cold to take my sled for a spin...grrrrr...I mean, brrrrr.....

ForeverAutumn
03-06-2007, 07:14 PM
You must be counting Alaska. That's not to be counted.

Actually, I forgot about Alaska...and Hawaii. I was only looking at the continental states.

...and why are you thinking of moving again? Yogi too much for you to handle?

kexodusc
03-07-2007, 05:00 AM
Good news, it's a balmy -21 C this morning with a scorching high of -19 C expected today in Atlantic Canada. (-6 F to -3 F back home).
No freakin' wind. Ya just take what you can, one little victory at a time...What happened to all that Global Warming **** Al Gore was cryin' about??? :nonod:

GMichael
03-07-2007, 06:38 AM
Actually, I forgot about Alaska...and Hawaii. I was only looking at the continental states.

...and why are you thinking of moving again? Yogi too much for you to handle?

Kind of a sad story. Let me know if you really want to hear and I'll PM you.

Resident Loser
03-07-2007, 07:32 AM
...you are not at the Mt. Washington Observatory in NH...where you can instantly make snow out of boiling water:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC3DUwseZn8

...and where it's currently -16.9F w/WC of -55.4F with NW winds of better than 54mph.

The location still has the record of the highest winds on the planet set in 1934 of 231mph...

jimHJJ(...that'll chill yer avocados...)

topspeed
03-13-2007, 08:19 AM
...winter and it's cold, refreshing air...you can always dress for it but, you can only take off just so much clothing ...

This has always been my philosophy as well. My wardrobe is much better in the winter, what with various jackets, scarfs, etc. However, in the summer you can only take off so much before you get arrested.

BOT, I don't know which is worse, the extreme cold you guys are experiencing or the record heat we're enduring. It was 88 degrees yesterday...in the middle of MARCH...and it's going to be even hotter today. This sucks! It was so hot I had to put my top up on the car and turn the air conditioning on for Pete's sakes! Now, before you call me out for whining, keep in mind I actually prefer cold weather. Last summer was the hottest I've experienced with almost 90 days straight over 100 degrees and 30 days over 105 (the hottest was a spurt of 118; the definition of "suck"). I have the sinking feeling that this summer is going to make last year feel balmy.

Global warming? What's that?

ForeverAutumn
03-13-2007, 11:00 AM
This has always been my philosophy as well. My wardrobe is much better in the winter, what with various jackets, scarfs, etc. However, in the summer you can only take off so much before you get arrested.

BOT, I don't know which is worse, the extreme cold you guys are experiencing or the record heat we're enduring. It was 88 degrees yesterday...in the middle of MARCH...and it's going to be even hotter today. This sucks! It was so hot I had to put my top up on the car and turn the air conditioning on for Pete's sakes! Now, before you call me out for whining, keep in mind I actually prefer cold weather. Last summer was the hottest I've experienced with almost 90 days straight over 100 degrees and 30 days over 105 (the hottest was a spurt of 118; the definition of "suck"). I have the sinking feeling that this summer is going to make last year feel balmy.

Global warming? What's that?

Trade you!

Actually, no. I hate the extreme heat of the summer as much as I hate the extreme cold of the winter. I whine my way through both.

I'm an Autumn girl....or haven't you noticed? ;)

basite
03-13-2007, 11:50 AM
crap, it was like 20° C today...
it was this weather for like 2 days now, and already the bloody insects are teasing me again...

darn flies...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

trollgirl
03-13-2007, 07:07 PM
..there are some folks who should be required to be fully dressed year 'round...

Right! Some people should not be allowed to be naked, not even in the privacy of their own homes

BTW, I LOVE winter. It's mid-March, and I wish January was back.

Laz