C. cativus ad infinitum [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : C. cativus ad infinitum

bobsticks
03-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Much ado has been made of late about the ebb-and-flow symbiotic relationship between the pickle and cucumbers. It is with some trepidation that I submit to you Cucumbers:Our much maligned friends...

...ooops, this is what you meant about sub-threading, eh Bill Bailey?

Feanor
03-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Much ado has been made of late about the ebb-and-flow symbiotic relationship between the pickle and cucumbers. It is with some trepidation that I submit to you Cucumbers:Our much maligned friends...

Double entent?

bobsticks
03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
nein mein freund, double entendres frighten me.

Dusty Chalk
03-05-2007, 05:37 PM
You lost me.

Feanor
03-05-2007, 06:08 PM
You lost me.

But it seems to have gotten out of hand. Cucumbers: I think not.

Resident Loser
03-06-2007, 05:24 AM

...another pickle joke? Are you a clandestine agriphobe? I'll wager you don't know the difference between a Kirby and a Burpless...

SYMBIOTIC! Indeed...do you have any idea whatsoever how many helpless cukes are literally plucked from the vine in their prime and subjected to a slow and painful death-by-salted vinegar? BTW, if you try to make garlic pickles. add some turmeric to the brine...unless you want a blue gherkin...

jimHJJ(..and nobody wants that...)

Feanor
03-06-2007, 05:41 AM
...another pickle joke? Are you a clandestine agriphobe? I'll wager you don't know the difference between a Kirby and a Burpless...

SYMBIOTIC! Indeed...do you have any idea whatsoever how many helpless cukes are literally plucked from the vine in their prime and subjected to a slow and painful death-by-salted vinegar? :sad: BTW, if you try to make garlic pickles. add some turmeric to the brine...unless you want a blue gherkin...

Good advice from RL.

Those cukes died in a good cause none the less. :arf:

Resident Loser
03-06-2007, 08:15 AM
...spam-ectomy on the steroid thread, but at Feanor's suggestion (so you only have him to blame)...

Look!...Up in the sky!...It's a bird!...It's a plane!... No...it's Superpickle!!!...

Yes, it's Superpickle, strange visitor from some forlorn, forgotten, farmland with powers and abilities far beyond those of other verdant, viniferous, veggies...Yes it's Superpickle, who can add a new dimension to your BLT or grilled cheese sandwich and cause you to pucker whilst still in it's vacuum-packed jar...And who, disguised as Clark Kirby, mild-mannered condiment critic for the Heinz Varieties (an in-house newsletter) fights a never-ending battle for catsups, mustards and the American relish tray!!!

jimHJJ(...a cuke on growth hormone...Nah, ConAgra probably has that one covered...)

Dusty Chalk
03-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Must be something in the water. I'm still lost.

Resident Loser
03-07-2007, 05:38 AM
Must be something in the water. I'm still lost.

...unless you had been privy to the foundational babbling concerning cucumbers in the guise of pickles and avocados in the guacamole mode, that is/was contained in some other threads (one of which is now missing since it began as a response to some spam) don't worry. This thread is an amalgam of what has gone before...being lost is no biggie...

jimHJJ(...just a fanciful flight in conceptual continuity...)

Feanor
03-07-2007, 06:16 AM
...unless you had been privy to the foundational babbling concerning cucumbers in the guise of pickles and avocados in the guacamole mode, that is/was contained in some other threads (one of which is now missing since it began as a response to some spam) don't worry. This thread is an amalgam of what has gone before...being lost is no biggie...

jimHJJ(...just a fanciful flight in conceptual continuity...)

:ciappa:

bobsticks
03-07-2007, 10:07 AM

SYMBIOTIC! Indeed...do you have any idea whatsoever how many helpless cukes are literally plucked from the vine in their prime and subjected to a slow and painful death-by-salted vinegar? BTW, if you try to make garlic pickles. add some turmeric to the brine...unless you want a blue gherkin...

Don't ever...and I mean ever...accuse me of being apathetic to the plight of the cucumber. I am the charter member and president of the National Association for Non-Transmogrification Cucumber Protection. I find your little vignette featuring Super-Pickle highly insesnitive and offensive, so your claims and accusations hold no ground with me, mister.

Blue gherkin?,,,sounds like something Swishy would listen to.

Babbling cheerfully,
M

noddin0ff
03-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Don't ever...and I mean ever...accuse me of being apathetic to the plight of the cucumber. I am the charter member and president of the National Association for Non-Transmogrification Cucumber Protection. I find your little vignette featuring Super-Pickle highly insesnitive and offensive, so your claims and accusations hold no ground with me, mister.

Blue gherkin?,,,sounds like something Swishy would listen to.

Babbling cheerfully,
M
Well, aren't you just full of p*ss and vinegar today...

bobsticks
03-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Well, aren't you just full of p*ss and vinegar today...

Uuuggh, that's bad...but yeah, I'm getting ready to fire someone.

Resident Loser
03-07-2007, 10:53 AM

...this...Don't blame me, talk to ConAgra and all of the other geneticists trying to build a race of alien superpickles destined to rule the world as evidenced in this documentary:

Don't say I didn't warn you...

jimHJJ(...Watch the skies...)

GMichael
03-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Someone! Quick, close the door to the wacky factory! Some of our products are spilling into the net.

audio_dude
03-07-2007, 03:19 PM
omg... this thread... its soo...

CUCUMBERS!!! AHHH!!! THOUSANDS OF THEM! ITS A STAMPEDE! HELP!! I CAN'T OUTRUN THEM!! *screams*

*TRAMPLE* *SQUISH* *muffled scream*

(in a soft, angelic voice) thanks guy, now look what your mutenogenic experiments have done...

Dusty Chalk
03-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I thought it was called the "Pickle Preservation Society".

Waiting for someone to make a "hide the pickle" joke...

salad 419
03-07-2007, 03:36 PM
...just a fanciful flight in conceptual continuity...

the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe!!!

bobsticks
03-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I thought it was called the "Pickle Preservation Society".

Waiting for someone to make a "hide the pickle" joke...

Ha Ha, Hey Peter Piper, let's not make take this all low brow...you know what I'm sayin'.

bobsticks
03-07-2007, 03:46 PM

salad 419
03-07-2007, 05:55 PM

While I'm not positive, I'm guessing that was from The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy (which I never finished)????

If so, there's another similar, but different meaning, although I'm not sure the answer was 42. It goes like this........sorta......Stephen Hawking was working on some big goofy equation thingy and kept coming up with the same answer, no matter what he plugged into the equation. Turns out he made a mistake, fixed it and came up with the positive results he was searching for. (like I can figure out ANY of that stuff)

Any way, too much beer and time have passed for me to recall the exact events of the story so you get the lame version.

Feanor
03-07-2007, 05:58 PM
While I'm not positive, I'm guessing that was from The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy (which I never finished)????

If so, there's another similar, but different meaning, although I'm not sure the answer was 42. It goes like this........sorta......Stephen Hawking was working on some big goofy equation thingy and kept coming up with the same answer, no matter what he plugged into the equation. Turns out he made a mistake, fixed it and came up with the positive results he was searching for. (like I can figure out ANY of that stuff)

Any way, too much beer and time have passed for me to recall the exact events of the story so you get the lame version.

... to life, the universe, and EVERYTHING.

Dusty Chalk
03-07-2007, 07:58 PM
It's the answer to, 'what is six times seven?'.

Resident Loser
03-08-2007, 06:21 AM
...Waiting for someone to make a "hide the pickle" joke...

Didja' hear the one about the deli-man who put his salami in the pickle slicer?

They both got fired!

jimHJJ(...a rim shot seems appropriate right about here...)

Resident Loser
03-08-2007, 06:29 AM

...that you too have viewed the quivering fringe of a special doily...

jimHJJ(...ahh!...the joys of pedal-depressed panchromatic resonance...)

GMichael
03-08-2007, 06:54 AM
It's the answer to, 'what is six times seven?'.

No no no... Too Factual.

What's yellow and dangerous? Yeah, that's it. It fits without actually tying us down to meaning anything.

Yeah yeah, what's yellow and dangerous? perfect... perfect...

noddin0ff
03-08-2007, 07:58 AM
“What say you? Hence, Horrible villain! or I'll spurn thine eyes like balls before me; I'll unhair thy head: Thou shalt be whipp'd with wire and stew'd in brine, Smarting in lingering pickle.” --Shakespeare: Anthony and Cleopatra, Act 2, Scene 5

The history of the humble pickle...
http://www.nyfoodmuseum.org/_ptime.htm

Resident Loser
03-08-2007, 08:20 AM
...Yeah yeah, what's yellow and dangerous? perfect... perfect...

Billy the Banana?

Attila the Plantain?

Cavendish the headless banana gunner?

The subject of Bizet's little known opera "Chiquita"?

A strategically placed banana peel?

jimHJJ(...oooo, tell us please...we loves a riddle...)

GMichael
03-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Billy the Banana?

Attila the Plantain?

Cavendish the headless banana gunner?

The subject of Bizet's little known opera "Chiquita"?

A strategically placed banana peel?

jimHJJ(...oooo, tell us please...we loves a riddle...)

duh

And I don't want a pickle. I just want to ride my motor.. cicle

Resident Loser
03-08-2007, 09:33 AM
...And I don't want a pickle. I just want to ride my motor.. cicle

...how Arlo of you...

jimHJJ(...say that three times fast...)

Dusty Chalk
03-08-2007, 02:07 PM
No no no... Too Factual.Au contraire, mon frère. One needs to re-read the scene with the ouija board.