Comedy from left field: Good Burger [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Comedy from left field: Good Burger

Smokey
03-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Man, this 1997 movie is surprisingly so hilarious :D

It star couple of teenagers from Nickelodeon channel (Kel Mitchell and Kenan Thompson), spending their summer working at a local burger joint for some extra cash. I thought this might be one of those dime-a-dozen silly teenage movie. But couldn’t be more wrong.

This movie had a such a comedic energy. From corky soundtrack to Sinbad wearing a big afro and Kenan trying to raise $2500 on minimum wage, this movie can catch a viewer off guard.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2003-05-23/screens_set7-1.jpg

jrhymeammo
03-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Dude, dont tell me you waited until recently to watch it.

"Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger may I take your order"

Classic!!

One of my best friends went to a private high school with him in Atlanta/Georgia. He always said Kenan was always the funniest man in the entire lunchroom.

ericl
03-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I've never seen this, looks like i'll have to queue it up on netflix.. Kenan looks like fun guy to go to high school with.

Smokey
03-05-2007, 06:17 PM
I think you will enjoy it Eric. Kel Mitchell is silly himself, but Kenan Thompson is just brilliant. And watch out for Kenan and Sinbad scenes together as you have never laughed so hard :D

JR, I saw it back when it came out. But it was only recently that came cross the DVD. Had to wait 10 years :ihih:

kexodusc
03-06-2007, 04:56 AM
I'm pretty easy going on movies, and can find something to like about the worst films. This one ranked right up there with Half Baked and Jingle All the Way.
I've seen worse...

Smokey
03-06-2007, 04:50 PM
This one ranked right up there with Half Baked and Jingle All the Way.
I've seen worse...

You're a hard person to please as Jingle All the Way happen to be one of favorite also :D

kexodusc
03-06-2007, 05:15 PM
You're a hard person to please as Jingle All the Way happen to be one of favorite also :D
I didn't mind any of them...just didn't want them to be thrown in the same category of comedic masterpieces like Spaceballs, Revenge of the Nerds, and Police Academies 1 through 4.