Fisher Turntable. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Turntable.

travelight
03-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Hello to everyone..
I'll start out by saying I really hardly know anything about the components of audio equpiment, I just really like to listen. Anyways, I picked up a free Fisher MT 6310 turntable without a cartridge and with further observation it looks like it doesn't have a belt either. So now this is where my lack of knowledge comes in...how in the world do I replace a belt? I can't figure out how to get the plate part off..I took the whole bottom off, but it didn't appear to give access to the belt area. Any help will be greatly apprieciated. Also, since this was free, I don't really mind experimenting with it becuse its not in pristine condition or anything, I just got to it see what I could do with it.
Thanks.
Rob.

JohnMichael
03-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Hello to everyone..
I'll start out by saying I really hardly know anything about the components of audio equpiment, I just really like to listen. Anyways, I picked up a free Fisher MT 6310 turntable without a cartridge and with further observation it looks like it doesn't have a belt either. So now this is where my lack of knowledge comes in...how in the world do I replace a belt? I can't figure out how to get the plate part off..I took the whole bottom off, but it didn't appear to give access to the belt area. Any help will be greatly apprieciated. Also, since this was free, I don't really mind experimenting with it becuse its not in pristine condition or anything, I just got to it see what I could do with it.
Thanks.
Rob.

There was a Fisher turntable that was magnetically driven. The platter had magnets on the inside rim and an electro magnet that used attraction/repulsion to drive the platter. It was neither belt nor direct driven. I do not know if that is the same model but it would explain not finding a belt.

travelight
03-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I don't think it's magnetically driven because looking through the small holes on the platter, I can see at least one sort of "tower" (not sure what to call it) but its about 3/4 inch tall and has a lubricant on it. So I figured thats one place where a belt went around. But my main problem is I don't know how to get the platter off to see whats underneath. I've taken the bottom of the unit off but it doesn't appear to give access to the area directly under the platter. If you know how to remove the platter that would greatly help me!
Again, Thank you !

SAEA501
03-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Take the mat off and look closely at the center spindle, see if there is not a circlip that needs to be removed to get the platter off. Duals were set up this way. On some tables the platter simply snapped over the spindle and required just a light pull to remove them. Now, don't go nuts trying to pull it off. If it were to come off simply by pulling, the pull required is not very forceful.

hydroman
03-06-2007, 07:19 AM
And - as you look throuh the holes in the platter - see if the belt is just wrapped around the platter and just needs to be pulled over the 'tower' (drive spindle).

Mysti
01-20-2012, 08:16 PM
I have a fisher MC-3160 and I can't figure out how to get my platter off either.. I have a stuck stop start auto switch and I need to lube it... But I can't figure out how to get to it. Any Ideas???

Erorrorse
01-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Hello

I've been lurking here for over a year but this is my first post.

This board has been a wealth of knowledge but I was wondering about additional resources you use for this type of stuff.

Please let me know other sites/forums you use

I'll go post an intro now!