In-Ear earbud silcone pieces [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : In-Ear earbud silcone pieces

bluewaker
03-02-2007, 07:07 PM
hey,

I was just wondering if there is supposed to be any crackling sound (like what you get when you stretch a balloon over something) when you put the silicone piece against your ear? It only happens when I put my buds on and then it stops right after, but it is slightly irritating...does anyone know any solutions/experience this or should I return the earbuds?

audio_dude
03-02-2007, 07:41 PM
hmm, wierd, it i've never actually used SILICONE ones, most are rubber, but silicone is known to be very grippy, so its exactly like streatching a balloon over something :P

and since its right in your ear, its very loud and annoying.

If anything, i'd recommend returning them and getting some better ones.

Look for Shure e2c's or Etimotic ER6's...

Personally i really like the Shures, but to each his own.

Dusty Chalk
03-02-2007, 09:05 PM
No, that don't sound right, there might be something wrong with them. What brand and model? If it's Shure, they have a very good and straightforward repair policy.

audio_dude
03-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Dusty: Shure doesn't use silicone covers, they are all rubber or foam.

(PS, Shure has one of the best warrantys and repair services in the biz. My e2c's broke a while back so i sent 'em in with no money, no credit card info, no receipt, just the month and year i bought them in and they just sent me back a whole new retail package!)

bonethugz
03-18-2007, 09:10 AM
most, or all IEM companies have great customer service(they better be, 100 dollars plus for a earbud!). i've been never had any problem with my iem(knock on wood, my ety er6i, ue metro fi and westone um2) but you better call them instead of e-mail

audio_dude
03-18-2007, 02:03 PM
always call, and use the online form for Shure, its REAAAAL easy... oh, and a tip: on the form, don't put your credit card info, just put "under warranty" and the approx date you bought them, no need for even a receipt