rogers ls3a vs epos m12.2 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : rogers ls3a vs epos m12.2

neoen
02-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Any comparation?:skep:

Dusty Chalk
02-27-2007, 07:12 PM
I'd go with the Rogers, just because of its heritage, and my fondness for the LS3/5a design, but I haven't heard the Epos, so...wouldn't know.

The Epos is a bass reflex design, if that makes any difference (I.E. it's not a true bookshelf speaker -- you wouldn't really want to put it on a bookshelf).

superdougiefreshness
03-04-2007, 04:09 PM
That BBC Sound ?
I just remembered I have a Spendor rep here in San Diego, is that the same as the Rogers that your speaking of in your post ? I am curious what they mean by that BBC sound. anyway, I have heard one bookshelf version of the EPOS I think it was the m5 or was it M15 or something like that. I heard the EPOS with a tube amp/receiver playing vinyle, I was very impressed to say the least......I am a current owner of a classic pair of Celestion SL6si and man are they something, very rich sounding. If you can't tell by now that I am a British audio fan of sorts. Oh I have also heard the PMC's as well very nice.

neoen
03-05-2007, 03:35 PM
BBS sound?....good sound...??? U know...because of the BBS Rogers studio monitors...
Spendor speaker is something that I would like to hear very much...but I don't know is there any in my side of Europe..(Croatia).
I have heard that Celestion SL6si are very nice sounding speakers and that they are not expensive too.
I'm wondering about a Rogers LS3a because I've heard that they sound 'warm' what I prefer and I would like to know something more about them...perhaps comparation with Rogers LS3/5a too...
I would go and hear them instead of asking everybody here but nearest store with Rogers speakers is 200 km from my place....So, first questions than travels.

superdougiefreshness
03-13-2007, 11:56 PM
BBS sound?....good sound...??? U know...because of the BBS Rogers studio monitors...
Spendor speaker is something that I would like to hear very much...but I don't know is there any in my side of Europe..(Croatia).
I have heard that Celestion SL6si are very nice sounding speakers and that they are not expensive too.
I'm wondering about a Rogers LS3a because I've heard that they sound 'warm' what I prefer and I would like to know something more about them...perhaps comparation with Rogers LS3/5a too...
I would go and hear them instead of asking everybody here but nearest store with Rogers speakers is 200 km from my place....So, first questions than travels.

I will let you know when I finally hear the Spendor's, I can't wait and there just down the road from me about 12 miles away. Also, I happen to be Croatian and Irish combined, is that funny or what ? I was born in the states but I have the heart of a european.
And lastly, I do indeed love my Celestion SL6si's they are the highest quality speaker I have ever owned. I bought them used from my neighbor for $200 U.S. dollars and that was a bargain even for e-bay. I have heard there cost new was about $1200.00 so actually they were not as cheap as you may think. They are at least 13 years old, very heavy; about 18,lbs and real wood vaneer. They sound very warm yet they are quite revealing. Most unexpected was the fact that every thing I play sounds different then I would expect.
My other less quality speakers are not as power hungry, but thats ok because my SL6si's are for everything except house music or trance or disco. Madonna sounds great on my SL6si's for ballads and her slower stuff but if I try and play her latest cd "Confessions from a dance floor" it does not sound as open and fun or as dynamic unless I play her on my vintage Pioneer's "HPM60's" for that bigger sound. But let me say my Celestion speakers are ment for Chamber, Orchestra, Jazz, classical, all acoustical music and any mello vacal stuff such as Suzzane Vega or Bannie Reit. Over all each set of speakers I own are for a different use and type of music and have those expected strengths,,,,,,,,I also will be switching receivers soon from an old Kenwood to an old NAD which should open the sound and make all my speakers more musical.............

Later,,,,,,,and sorry to ramble so dam much,,,,,,,,,,NOT,,,,,,LOL

I love this hobby and all the people that go with it....
keep in touch......
And keep warm....

Doug -San Diego, California usa - Heaven on Earth.........:3: