SpankingVanillaIce is a troll... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SpankingVanillaIce is a troll...

compaqguy
02-27-2007, 01:53 PM
he has been trolling the Ecoustics forum as well, asking the same questions. When I called him on it, he registered a new account, and posted the same question reguarding the JBL HLA as is in here...

Here is a link to my complaint to the ecoustics admin to do something about him, and why I feel he is trolling the forums. My advice is to not answer any more of his questions.

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/22/330748.html

icarus
02-27-2007, 01:58 PM
well if you've read the majority of his threads there is a trend going on, no one really answers his questions, they just rip into him for being a "troll" as well as just being completely stupid... As for getting him removed thats a pretty decent idea, but its still entertaining as well as remarkable on how many posts his threads accumulate in just a few hours...

GMichael
02-27-2007, 02:07 PM
He doesn't mean to be a troll. He's just a slow learner. Have you ever gone to his website? A few minutes there and you will see that he is everything that he claims to be.

SlumpBuster
02-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Here's an existential question for you:

If you follow a troll from site to site in an attempt to expose him as a troll, are you yourself becoming a troll?

I just blew your mind, didn't I.:ciappa:

L.J.
02-27-2007, 02:46 PM
A Troll!! :eek:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

markw
02-27-2007, 02:55 PM
But, so what? He's kinda fun to have around,

He's kinda like the forum's unofficial psychological scratching post. We play with him like a cat plays with a mouse, and he doesn't get mad. He just keeps coming back for more. He's like a Timex watch in that he takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

And, if this is all the kid has for a life and the only way he can draw anyone's attention, he's more to be pitied than to be angry with.

Robert-The-Rambler
02-27-2007, 04:20 PM
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25568

That was an odd one.

I like the title.

emorphien
02-27-2007, 05:42 PM
He doesn't mean to be a troll. He's just a slow learner. Have you ever gone to his website? A few minutes there and you will see that he is everything that he claims to be.
Doesn't being a slow learner, by definition, imply that some learning is in fact taking place.

I'm not sure that's an appropriate way to describe this situation with SVI.

Florian
02-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Doesn't being a slow learner, by definition, imply that some learning is in fact taking place.

Comment of the week! :cornut:

elapsed
02-27-2007, 09:43 PM
SVI is also posting over at Home Theater Forum and AVS Forum, with the exact same questions and threads.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/member.php?u=70063
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/member.php?u=7720434

He's been identified as a cross-poster and been warned on both forums as well.

If you do a google search for adammccl or spankingvanillaice, you'll find him on many more audio boards. It's quite possible he may be suffering from mental health issues or obsessive compulsive disorder. I would probably just lay off the guy and ignore his questions.

Feanor
02-28-2007, 03:20 AM
SVI is also posting over at Home Theater Forum and AVS Forum, with the exact same questions and threads.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/member.php?u=70063
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/member.php?u=7720434

He's been identified as a cross-poster and been warned on both forums as well.

If you do a google search for adammccl or spankingvanillaice, you'll find him on many more audio boards. It's quite possible he may be suffering from mental health issues or obsessive compulsive disorder. I would probably just lay off the guy and ignore his questions.

My strategy exactlyMostly I just ignore, that way I'm not trolled.

basite
02-28-2007, 04:31 AM
Comment of the week! :cornut:

comment of the year you mean,
SVI's 'learning status' is non existant...
Rock on,
Bert.

GMichael
02-28-2007, 06:03 AM

It does seem that way. But he did learn how to create a website. He must have the ability to learn about audio as well. He's is an enigma. He has enough self-doubt to ask everyone to pick out the speakers he wants but self-assured enough to ignore all the answers.

L.J.
02-28-2007, 06:26 AM
It does seem that way. But he did learn how to create a website. He must have the ability to learn about audio as well. He's is an enigma. He has enough self-doubt to ask everyone to pick out the speakers he wants but self-assured enough to ignore all the answers.

What :shocked:

GMichael
02-28-2007, 06:49 AM
What :shocked:

Definition of enigma on the Web:

mystery: something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained; "how it got out is a mystery"; "it remains one of nature's secrets"
riddle: a difficult problem

noddin0ff
02-28-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm with GMichael on this. Visit the site, you'll see. He's a real person with a pretty thick skin. He takes a lot of abuse and doesn't dish back. Maybe some of it's fun for him too. He can write pretty well at times, better than someone who 'can't learn' should be able to. I suspect there's a tiny bit of troll. But, mostly, I do believe he's serious. He's got time to pursue his questions, and he does.

He has come around a huge amount these last rounds. He's actually saving for better speakers!

He doesn't force any of you to post. And, just because you post doesn't mean he'll all of a sudden listen.

I mean, I don't listen to half of you all either...

basite
02-28-2007, 08:43 AM
now there you do have a point...

and to add something, he isn't only looking at JBL anymore, he even mentioned B&W and Paradigm once,
there has been a slight improvement over the past years, but he still doesn't listen, and somehow, I see a 6 year old kid in him, because of some reasons;
for example, a 6 year old kid (maybe 6 is a little to old, but they still do that)
they compare things on how they look, they have a general idea on how things look,
like asking a kid to draw a tree, they will all draw a similar tree, in this case, with tweeters and woofers and stuff: SVI sees the woofer, compares it a little with another one, concludes that they are 'about the same size' and then he'll say that they are the same size, and are therefore the same.

Greetings,
Bert.

Resident Loser
02-28-2007, 09:45 AM
...heck, we're all trolls to some degree...there are those who constantly brag about their superexpensive gear...there are those who champion a specific mfr. at every turn and for every circumstance...there are those who repeatedly ignore valid advice...there's even one crackpot who keeps yammerin' on about his GPX portable CDP ($7USD after rebate) and cheap, but modded, SONY 'phones...

It's just that if SVI is a troll, he is one to the nth degree...

jimHJJ(...or maybe he just hasn't grown out of the specsmanship phase of the hobby...)

Brainstorm
02-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Definition of enigma on the Web:

mystery: something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained; "how it got out is a mystery"; "it remains one of nature's secrets"
riddle: a difficult problem

It was the English that decoded the Enigma back in good ole WWII.:biggrin5:

icarus
02-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Well there is my history lesson for today. But back on topicish... is it just me or does SVI resemble the class clown with multiple personality disorder.
If you go through his many threads about xtreme1 speakers, their is one where actually started a new account and had a discussion with himself...it took a bit but we eventually busted him on it...

GMichael
02-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Well there is my history lesson for today. But back on topicish... is it just me or does SVI resemble the class clown with multiple personality disorder.
If you go through his many threads about xtreme1 speakers, their is one where actually started a new account and had a discussion with himself...it took a bit but we eventually busted him on it...

Yeah, he later said that he was tired of everyone saying how the speakers he wanted were crap. So he took on a new name and agreed with himself about how great they were.
He got busted denying it too.

Bye the way, I wasn't 'round in WWII, So I don't recall who cracked the code. Does Spanky have a code? Maybe if we crack this one we'll all understand why he makes the same mistake so many times before he learns. I wonder how many time he broke his nose before he learned to open the door first. (Oh man, that was bad. Shame on me. Please forgive me...)

Resident Loser
02-28-2007, 11:47 AM

...point of order, Enigma was a machine used to encrypt and decode messages and while Allied cryptologists, whose work was based on prior Polish cryptanalysis, were successful in decoding messages so encrypted, they never decoded the Enigma machine which had multiple levels of changeable protection; they simply identified the concept of it's operation...In fact it was partially thanks to sloppy and error-prone practices of those sending the messages and the capture of several machines and codebooks, that the decoding was accomplished.

jimHJJ(...FWIW...)

Brainstorm
02-28-2007, 12:29 PM
You can rent the DVD I still haven’t seen yet, but there are other films like U-571 that depicted the encoding and decoding machine.

https://www.tescodvdrental.com/tesco/images/products/2/8692-large.jpg

Brainstorm
02-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I have just been to the site and it felt like frigging twilight zone?
http://www.goodstuffcards.com/images/twilight_zone/twilight_zone_index.jpg

jt1stcav
05-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Guess he just likes to hear himself talk, or maybe because he doesn't really know any better. Poor chap...

markw
05-17-2007, 02:28 AM
Guess he just likes to hear himself talk, or maybe because he doesn't really know any better. Poor chap...After all, he hasn't posted for months, but who done went and resurrected this thread, which had been dormant for almost three months.