New Orleans Jazz Fest lineup just posted on the Internet. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Jazz Fest lineup just posted on the Internet.

Swish
02-15-2004, 06:55 AM
For anyone interested in seeing who will be playing at the Fest this year, you can check
http://www.nojazzfest.com/schedule/index04.html and then click on each day to see the artists for each one. More will be added later, but I'm impressed with some of the names I've seen so far. I'm really looking forward to this!

Swish

DarrenH
02-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Ya gonna be there for the whole two weeks?

How do they squeeze in all that entertainment in one day? They must have multiple stages set up throughout which means you're gonna miss some of those performances. Is that correct?

Have fun Swish.

dld
02-15-2004, 08:55 AM
[Wow, looks like one funky lineup this year. I'm actually looking forward to hearing llittle Stevie Miller. Hoping he'll go way back to his older catalogue but I'm betting we'll hear a lot from The Joker, Fly Like An Eagle, etc. Still OK. ANother highlight will be Saturday, week two, with Sonny Landreth and Anders Osbourne. Last year, they did a post concert gig at a club in the 'hood. We won't be staying Saturday night but if they do it again, it would be a higly recommended late night outing.

Like last year, after I made plans to attend, I look at the lineup and think, damn I wish I was going the other week. But Hell, the week we're going is gonna be great anyway, Subdudes, Landreth, Miller, Connick (never liked him, see if a live perf. will change that), Kenny Neal (new album got a rave review in Dallas Morning News), . , Susan Tedeschi, Brubeck, Clifton Chenier, Gatemouth Brown, Beausoliel, Marcia ball, Blind Boys..., funky Meters, Preservation hall...., Anders Osbourne....., looks like fun! Wonder if Lenny Kravitz will be worth watching?

Lesses Les Bon Temps Roullez!

Jim Clark
02-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Heck, they even got Clarence "Frogman" Henry!

"I ain’t got a mudder.
I ain’t got a fadder.
I ain’t got a sister.
Not even a brudder.
I’m a lonely frog,
I ain’t got a home.

Ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo
Ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo"

A classic to be sure!

jc
PS-No, it's not a joke and I'm not making fun.

Swish
02-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Ya gonna be there for the whole two weeks?

How do they squeeze in all that entertainment in one day? They must have multiple stages set up throughout which means you're gonna miss some of those performances. Is that correct?

Have fun Swish.
and I think 3 or 4 are considered "main" stages where the big acts appear. There are a bunch of smaller ones, including a couple that are under tents so you can escape the sun if you wish. The acts that are intended for the older folks usually play under the tents and they have actual seats set up there as well, whereas the other stages are open air and you sit your ass down on the grass if you don't bring a blanket or folding chairs. The Fest is held at an outdoor horse race track, by the way. And yes, you can't see everybody there or you'll be walking around an awful lot. The major acts are usually set far enough apart timewise that you can see all of them, but we've had to choose on a couple occasions. We're going for the sencond weekend since there are 4 days of music while the first weekend has just three.
This will be our second Fest and we plan to go back again and again, possibly every-other year if it works out for us.

Regards,
Swish

Dusty Chalk
02-15-2004, 02:17 PM
I believe it's "I ain't got no home", but I could be wrong. That particular earworm has long since found its way in to the deeper recesses of my cranium.

MindGoneHaywire
02-15-2004, 03:21 PM
The Sylvain Sylvain version is amazing too. It's on his first album.