Swish- California Guitar Trio [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Swish- California Guitar Trio

Hyfi
02-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Swish, anyone- have you seen these guys perform? I caught them at the Sellersville Theater Saturday night and was blown away at what they do. Although none are from California, they met and formed there. I actually bought my tickets to see the opening act, One Alternative who they only gave enough time to do 5 songs.

CGT did some amazing stuff including taking a Bach tune and splitting up the notes so each one would play every third note. They never missed a note. They also played something by the Ventures, Sleepwalker, Classical Gas, Bohemion Rhapsody, and many of thier own. Kind of as a joke because people always call out for Freebird, they decided to play it for the encore. They put it to a Reagge beat and near the end for the main electric lead, the one dude clicked a peddal and his acoustic became as electric as ever and he played the lead in a way Lynyrd Skynyrd could only dream of.

The coolest thing was that they recorded the show and on the way out, sold copies of the show and all three guys signed all the disks and talked to us for a long while. We got some great info from the Belgian guy for our upcoming trip in a few years.

If anyone is interested, I can hook you up with a copy of the show.

Hyfi

Swish
02-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Swish, anyone- have you seen these guys perform? I caught them at the Sellersville Theater Saturday night and was blown away at what they do. Although none are from California, they met and formed there. I actually bought my tickets to see the opening act, One Alternative who they only gave enough time to do 5 songs.

CGT did some amazing stuff including taking a Bach tune and splitting up the notes so each one would play every third note. They never missed a note. They also played something by the Ventures, Sleepwalker, Classical Gas, Bohemion Rhapsody, and many of thier own. Kind of as a joke because people always call out for Freebird, they decided to play it for the encore. They put it to a Reagge beat and near the end for the main electric lead, the one dude clicked a peddal and his acoustic became as electric as ever and he played the lead in a way Lynyrd Skynyrd could only dream of.

The coolest thing was that they recorded the show and on the way out, sold copies of the show and all three guys signed all the disks and talked to us for a long while. We got some great info from the Belgian guy for our upcoming trip in a few years.

If anyone is interested, I can hook you up with a copy of the show.

Hyfi

...King Crimson, and it looks like their set list didn't change one iota! I swear they did pretty much all the stuff you named, save Freebird and Bohemian Rhapsody. They're pretty talented and fun to watch for sure. I would guess it was about 12 years ago, perhaps 13, so we're talking quite some time ago.

Swish

Dusty Chalk
02-26-2007, 01:17 PM
I've seen them several times -- great fun.

hifitommy
03-04-2007, 01:56 PM
you know-link wray, duane eddy, the ventures. yeah, i would like a copy of that show.

Hyfi
03-05-2007, 04:23 PM
you know-link wray, duane eddy, the ventures. yeah, i would like a copy of that show.
If you drop me your addy in the Private Messages, I will hook you up.

Also not mentioned was:
Theme from Exorcist
Good the Bad and the Ugly and several more.