Arcade Fire on SNL last night [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Fire on SNL last night

Jim Clark
02-25-2007, 07:12 AM
SNL isn't especially funny right now but when I saw the promo for last night I stayed up late to see these guys perform some of their new material. It was awesome. What can you say about an act that has not one but 2 violins and a french horn? And what on earth was that grinder box doohickie the chick was playing during the second song? I thought it was a great performance overall. Wonder if the guitar smashing was scripted? I doubt it since it didn't really fit the song and towards the end all of his strings broke. I think he just went with it. Can't wait till they roll through Kansas.

jc

ForeverAutumn
02-25-2007, 07:44 AM
I caught their first song last night. I've never been a fan, and last night didn't change my mind. I'm glad that you enjoyed it though. And it is nice to see SNL giving these lesser know bands some exposure. It's the only reason to watch SNL these days.

PeruvianSkies
02-25-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm glad I am not the only person out there that is unimpressed with the current SNL status. It would seem that they are in a huge dry spell these days and are in desperate need for some new writers and more importantly, some funny people. There always seems to be this cycle that happens with that show...they hire, develop, and begin the careers of very promising talent, that talent goes on and does a few seasons and then does a few movies, becomes huge, then quits the show and often times there is a handful of talent grouped together, so when they leave the show suffers for a few years until the cycle continues.

I refer to them as the 'bunch' you have the original bunch, then you have the mid 80's bunch, the early 90's bunch, and then the early 2000's bunch. We are about due again!!!

dean_martin
02-26-2007, 08:24 AM
I missed the first song, but the second song was great! (I listened to side one of Funeral afterwards.)

-Jar-
02-27-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm glad I am not the only person out there that is unimpressed with the current SNL status. It would seem that they are in a huge dry spell these days and are in desperate need for some new writers and more importantly, some funny people. There always seems to be this cycle that happens with that show...they hire, develop, and begin the careers of very promising talent, that talent goes on and does a few seasons and then does a few movies, becomes huge, then quits the show and often times there is a handful of talent grouped together, so when they leave the show suffers for a few years until the cycle continues.

I refer to them as the 'bunch' you have the original bunch, then you have the mid 80's bunch, the early 90's bunch, and then the early 2000's bunch. We are about due again!!!

Every so often they hit on something that strikes me as very funny.. I'm not sure when it was on originally, but there was this one skit of a spelling bee, and the guy kept going "Q, Q, Q, Q, Q, Q...." omg I thought I was going to die, I don't know why I found it so funny.

Jim Clark
02-28-2007, 05:14 AM
I don't know why I found it so funny.

I dunno.

Exhaustion?

Alcohol?

j/k. You're right, every now and then a skit is funny.

jc

Ex Lion Tamer
03-04-2007, 11:33 AM
I caught their first song last night. I've never been a fan, and last night didn't change my mind. I'm glad that you enjoyed it though. And it is nice to see SNL giving these lesser know bands some exposure. It's the only reason to watch SNL these days.

Hey FA, wondering if you've seen these two videos. I know you're a huge Bowie fan, and Bowie is a huge AF fan, apparently he bought out several stores of their debut disc when it came out so he could distribute it amongst his friends. Anyway, th first one is Bowie w/Arcade Fire doing an Arcade Fire song, the scond is Bowie and AF doing "Five Years" Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-wEBmLht5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkCc_qiI7UA