How can I get all my channels from one tv to another [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How can I get all my channels from one tv to another

cricket7
02-14-2004, 10:12 PM
I have digital cable in my living room with a digital receiver. I have cable hooked up to my tv downstairs but I can't get all the channels. Is there a way to get all the channels I get upstairs on my basement tv without renting another digital receiver?

uncooked
02-14-2004, 10:25 PM
thats tricky. it depends on how far you want to go before you rent another one. you could run video out on your upstairs tv and hook that into your tv downstairs. but this means you have to hide the cable somewhere..... and you have to have the tv on upstairs in order to see it downstairs so i dont think thats any good.

i know radio shack sells wireless A/V signal senders. maybe look into that somehow. maybe they make something like that for coax?

markw
02-15-2004, 05:42 AM
You would also need to tun audio cables downstairs as well. unless silent movies are in again. Of course, that wireless soultion is available which will also so sound, but don't expect the same quality as a wired solution will offer.

Debbi
02-15-2004, 07:33 AM
...about 5.00 at Radio Shack....On lead in is from cable in basement and 2nd is from digital cable box upstairs....then one lead goes to tv in basement....only problem is that you cant channel surf from box upstairs when in basement...not very convenient.

uncooked
02-15-2004, 10:56 AM
cricket, is there any heat ducts or anything in the room upstairs with the cable box? if so you could maybe run the cables down there into your basement?

radio shack sells Y adapters you could run your video into the Y and then it splits into two. run one into your tv upstairs and one downstairs. do the same with the audio. you would need 3 Y's in total. but there like 4 bucks or something so not bad at all. the only problem would be with hiding the cables. but if you dont have a problem with that, the Y's would work good.

woodman
02-15-2004, 03:41 PM
I have digital cable in my living room with a digital receiver. I have cable hooked up to my tv downstairs but I can't get all the channels. Is there a way to get all the channels I get upstairs on my basement tv without renting another digital receiver?

There are numerous options open for you to pursue ... depending upon what you desire or need in the way of channel selection versatility, and whether the TV downstairs is just that - a TV set producing both pictures and sound, or is a "home theater" setup with a sound system that's separate from the TV that's displaying only the pictures.

You need to clarify the situation a bit more in order to find the best solution for what you might want to do.

Grandpaw
02-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Unless you want to watch the same thing on both TV's or only watch one at a time I don't think running wires in between will do you much good. To watch both TV's at the same time with a digital signal will require a second receiver no matter how many wires you run.