cd player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : cd player

rama rao
02-22-2007, 10:39 PM
Am primarily interested in music- does it make sense to buy a cd palyer for this in addition to a dvd player for video? Am looking at marantz cd 5001 & dv 4001. Any suggestions?

basite
02-23-2007, 03:07 AM
welcome to the forums, to start with...

you mean or it's worth it to buy a cd player when you could also buy a dvd player?

answer: yes, cd's sound better on a cd player than on a dvd player, (well, yeah, if you have a $2k dvd player, and a $200 cd player, the cd will sound better on the dvd player, but generally seen, a cd sounds better on a CD player)
but considering that the cd 5001 is a very good cd player for it's price, then you could be sure that cd's will sound better on the cd player...

what's the rest of your system?

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

icarus
02-23-2007, 09:48 AM
(well, yeah, if you have a $2k dvd player, and a $200 cd player, the cd will sound better on the dvd player, but generally seen, a cd sounds better on a dvd player)

well bert, I guess you haven't made it to grammar yet in school. Over on the other side of the pond, up here in my igloo, we did grammar in grade 6, so ill do some editing for you..

but generally seen, a CD sounds better on a CD player.

grammar rules....

recoveryone
02-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks Icarus, After reading that post I felt like I was chasing my own tail.

basite
02-23-2007, 01:18 PM
sorry, :o...

should have seen it...
I guess I was partially sleeping...

English isn't my prime language too you know...
we speak dutch here in Belgium...

it's corrected now...
such a stupid fault...

jrhymeammo
02-23-2007, 05:49 PM
It's okay Bert, no a problem.

Dutch, German, English, and what else do you speak? Not bad at all.

I've adopted one thing in this country called USA.
People have a saying over here.. it's called

"F**k it"

so der ya go.

Carl Reid
02-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Am primarily interested in music- does it make sense to buy a cd palyer for this in addition to a dvd player for video?

Yes. As others have said (in Dutch - just kidding); generally CDs sound better on a CD player....

Am looking at marantz cd 5001 & dv 4001. Any suggestions?

IMVHO, the Marantz is an exceptionally good player, especially when you consider the extremely low price....

Put it this way, I'm in the process of upgrading my system.... I Sold all my expensive components (Amp, Pre-Amp & Speakers) but kept my cheapy Marantz CD 5001! That one is gonna stay with me and even if I eventually buy a really expensive CD player, the Marantz will go into my bedroom system. So to summarize: the Marantz is a good option.

basite
02-24-2007, 02:30 AM
It's okay Bert, no a problem.

Dutch, German, English, and what else do you speak? Not bad at all.

at school we learn dutch, french, english and german :cornut:
I am in science, when you do latin/classic languages, you also get latin, which is boring...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Dusty Chalk
02-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Oh, man! I've always wanted to learn latin...so that I could make up words...

rama rao
02-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Carl & Bert- thank you for helping me make up my mind. Bert- I am contempalting the Marantz SR 4001 amp with Boston Acoustics Speakers. Any suggestions?