bluejeanscable.com BRAVO! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : bluejeanscable.com BRAVO!

lewburgh
02-21-2007, 01:26 PM
I recently ordered Canare 4S11 Cables (pair 12 foot) from bluejeanscable.com. Blackraven or nightflier recommended these guys to me I believe. Well they arrived today and WOW! I was using Acoustic Research Pro Series II 12 Gauge bare wire prior to this and what a difference these cables made. Running a HK AVR525 with Northridge E60 towers which are crap (new speakers on the way). Amazing, the speakers became tolerable and actually pleasant to listen to. The bass tightened up drastically, the highs become more subtle, and the speakers seemed to pleasantly become more transparent and less boxy. My center channel also improved as the dialogue warmed up when watching movies. For only $35 for a pair of 10 gauge terminated wire I am shocked at the difference these cables have made. Running bare wire as before. Has anyone else tried this cablethat is equally impressed?

Lew

nightflier
02-21-2007, 01:41 PM
I have a pair of Canare 4S11 cables with barewire ends that I have never tried. They've been sitting in my closet. I should probably give them a listen.

lewburgh
02-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I would and I was impressed. Although compared to what I am used to most decent cables would probably sound a lot better than what I am used to.

emorphien
02-21-2007, 09:22 PM
I have heartland cables for my stereo, they also use Canare 4S11... I would attribute your supposed gains in sound quality more to a psychological expectation than just a change in cable to be perfectly honest. (not that the Canare isn't good cable, it is)

lewburgh
02-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Your probably right to some extent. However, I left the ar pro series on the left channel and ran the canare to the right and then used my left right balance and several cds, movies and such to play the same parts over and over. Sounded improved, less hiss, tighter bass, less harsh highs and so on.

JohnMichael
02-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Your probably right to some extent. However, I left the ar pro series on the left channel and ran the canare to the right and then used my left right balance and several cds, movies and such to play the same parts over and over. Sounded improved, less hiss, tighter bass, less harsh highs and so on.

I believe cables make a difference. If you hear an improvement be glad and trust your ears.

lewburgh
02-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks John Michael! Pretty pumped about all my upgrades. My budget system is really starting to come together. Front Acoustech HT-75s come tomorrow and Marantz CD5001 next week. Just got my ATS acoustech sound panels today and Corning 703. Nice panels at an unbelievable price!

Harman Kardon AVR525
Marantz CD 5001
Samsung DVD HD-850
Toshiba 51H84 HDTV
XBOX 360

Acoustech HT-75 fronts
Acoustech HT-65 center
Athena AS-R1 rears
Velodyne DPS-12

Canare 4S11 and Belden 5000 series speaker cables
Audioquest Copperhead interconnects
ATS Acoustic Sound Panels 703 Corning