Problems with the site, attention please. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the site, attention please.

audio_dude
02-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi guys, lately for some reason, almost every time i switch pages on the site, a "server is too busy at the moment, try again later" message appears.

I don't know whats up, but please give this some urgent attention, it is making the site almost unusable, (I had to refresh 6 times just to get to this page)

Thanks for reading, post a reply if this is happening to you too.

basite
02-21-2007, 07:12 AM
I have that too sometimes,
it means that there are too many people on this site, so the server can't keep up anymore,

you can't do alot about it, but when possible, you can always try to come online on different hours...

Rock on,
Bert.

GMichael
02-21-2007, 07:23 AM
At least it doesn't say, "too busy to talk right now, please leave a msg." Or, "Talk to the hand buddy." Then a pic of someone's palm.

Dusty Chalk
02-21-2007, 08:53 AM
At the hour of the night that I usually log in, I don't get that problem.

And I'm not having it now, neither.

audio_dude
02-21-2007, 03:26 PM
It seems to be most of a problem when non-members are just visiting... there should be some restriction to the amount of guest that can be on at a time...

Dusty Chalk
02-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Rude lurkers! And bots! Oh! My!

GMichael
02-22-2007, 06:10 AM
It seems to be most of a problem when non-members are just visiting... there should be some restriction to the amount of guest that can be on at a time...

I think they represent the cash flow that keeps this place up and running.
More hits = more advertisers = more $ = fun site for us all to play on.

Dear Lurkers,

Welcome to AR. Please keep reading.
Don't be afraid to say hi though. We don't bite.
Well, I don't bite.
Errr.... I don't bite hard.

Me

kexodusc
02-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Yeah, we like lurkers...especially the one time lurker who never retursn, they become stats which misrepresent the true popularity of the site.

Not much you can do about the server being busy - actually that's a good sign - means AR.com still isn't totally irrelevant - maybe if it gets too busy, too often, they'll get a bigger, fancier server?

topspeed
03-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Man, this is happening A LOT now.

Hey Eric, what's the dealeeo?

basite
03-08-2007, 11:50 AM
I do get an other error sometimes, the "there seems to be a problem with our database" error
very annoying...

*Hi lurker, I won't bite too!!*

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

jrhymeammo
03-10-2007, 06:06 AM
I think it's the new server he purchased. I noticed it during lunch sometimes, so I dont even bother no more.

audio_dude
03-17-2007, 08:13 AM
yeah, seems to be all fixed now... haven't gotten the error in a long while