Marantz sound system [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Marantz sound system

gracecat
02-20-2007, 12:28 AM
We have a Marantz sound system in excellent condition that I inherited from my father-in-law. It consists of:

Turntable TT221
Receiver 2215
Cassette deck SD3510

I have no idea of the value of such a system. Could anyone give me a ballpark figure? Plus, if there is anyone interested in buying it, I would like to sell the system. (Location: South Africa.)

Thanks for your help!

- Grace

Feanor
02-20-2007, 11:11 AM
We have a Marantz sound system in excellent condition that I inherited from my father-in-law. It consists of:

Turntable TT221
Receiver 2215
Cassette deck SD3510

I have no idea of the value of such a system. Could anyone give me a ballpark figure? Plus, if there is anyone interested in buying it, I would like to sell the system. (Location: South Africa.)

Thanks for your help!

- Grace

I don't know abut the turntable or Cassette deck: my guess is neither is worth much <US$100.

The vintage Marantz receivers are more sought after, however. Check out this link ...
http://www.classicaudio.com/value/mz/index.html

I think the Used Price here of $50 - $102.50 is a bit low. If you 2215 is working well and has no major cosmetic blemishes, it could be worth more like $150-175. If it has a nice, original wood case, that could add $50.

markw
02-20-2007, 12:45 PM
or else you could go onto ebay and do a search for these items. That's a good indicator of the true fair market value.