Bridge To Terabithia [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bridge To Terabithia

s dog
02-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Went and seen this movie tonight and really injoyed it, Annsophia Robb and Josh Hutcherson done a fine acting job in this movie. But IMO this film might be to depressing and sad for some younger kids.This movie deal with being poor,abuse,not having friends,being teased at school,and death, it is all done in a light way but still that seems like alot for a 8 or 9 year old to deal with, To kids started crying at one point during the show, heck i came dam close myself, It was just one of them films that made me feel really good at times and sad at others.

topspeed
03-19-2007, 08:54 AM
I just saw this last weekend and was surprised on a number of levels. The way Disney is promoting the thing, you'd think it was another Narnia CGI fest. It is not. In fact, the time spent in Terabithia constitutes maybe 10% of the movie. This movie is much more about the timeless challenges of being a kid: bullies, peer pressure, childish cruelty, vulnerability, etc. Without giving the plot away, it can be a bit tough on younger kids as it deals with some challenging themes. As S Dog alludes, there are moments where I seriously questioned my intelligence for taking my 7 and 5 year olds. It's nothing sick or obscene, it fact it's handled with grace and heart, but it's still a bit much when you're looking for a couple of hours of pure escapism. The acting by the two leads is fantastic and I see a huge future for Robb.

Good flick, but very unexpected.

GMichael
03-19-2007, 12:39 PM
I had heard some very luke warm reviews of this a couple of weeks ago. Maybe that person was not expecting what he got. I'll put it back on my list.
Thanks guys