IR Reciever [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : IR Reciever

BillyB
02-18-2007, 12:53 PM
I had recently inquired about operating an A/V reciever using a reciever eye and was told it should work with any of the newer recievers.I didn't have much luck finding any during a google and am wondering if I'm using the right term.Would it be considered an IR reciever?I did find a couple for around $10 but there were no pictures or specs and the price seemed too good to be true.My reciever needs to be remotely located in a service closet so this is critical to my set-up.

Of course I'm wandering about price range and availability.I'd also like to ask if anyone knows if this reciever could be used in close proximity of an existing IR unit that works my HD cable box.Don't know if it's the same as different remotes only working certain components or if this scenario could create problems.

AVMASTER
02-19-2007, 02:49 PM
its' actually called an IR repeater or extender system. Consisting of three parts with the first part being the IR sensor ( or receiver); this is what the remote is aimed at; second part is the repeater. This device takes in the remote control command from the sensor and repeats it to the cooresponding device via our third part called a flasher or emmitter. This piece is placed over the IR sensor of the device you want to control and will emit or flash the original remote control command. If you have a current IR system set-up, then all you might need is an extra flasher attached to the AVR. Check out Niles audio.com

BillyB
02-19-2007, 05:21 PM
its' actually called an IR repeater or extender system. Consisting of three parts with the first part being the IR sensor ( or receiver); this is what the remote is aimed at; second part is the repeater. This device takes in the remote control command from the sensor and repeats it to the cooresponding device via our third part called a flasher or emmitter. This piece is placed over the IR sensor of the device you want to control and will emit or flash the original remote control command. If you have a current IR system set-up, then all you might need is an extra flasher attached to the AVR. Check out Niles audio.com

Thanks for the info.I bought my existing IR repeater directly from the company that makes my HD cable box.It actually plugs into the back of the cable box in addition to having a repeater that you aim at the front of the box.I'll just buy a different one for the reciever now that I know what I'm looking for.Thanks again.