Woofers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Woofers

SpankingVanillaice
02-16-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't know if there is anyone in here that has seen both but I always wondered why that JBL Home says that the Control 1Xtremes use 4in drivers when the woofer is the same size as the Control 1 from pro. The pro version says its 5" 1/4.
I did noticed that there is a speaker called Control ONE and the specs there say it's 5" 1/4 even it's the exact same speakers as the Xtremes. But I would like to know if both the orginal Control 1 from pro is the same size as the Xtremes I have. From what I see they are exactly the same even the enclosures as the same size.

audio_dude
02-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Dude, this is spam, do you not get it? NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR IT ANYMORE!!!

now please, just go away... or smarten up and let us HELP you!

why answer anyway, you never listen...

oo, but i like what you did with that pic in your sig, finally a little unobtrusive.

well, this is just a stupid question, you answered it for yourself already, read your posts please, BEFORE YOU POST THEM!

bobsticks
02-16-2007, 08:54 PM
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits...

basite
02-17-2007, 01:36 AM
oh crap,
not again,

http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/moron.jpg

when they say the woofer haves a different size, then the woofer haves a different size.

keep trying,
Bert.

Dusty Chalk
02-17-2007, 04:40 AM
You're probably looking at the surround, which is not the same thing as the driver itself. Look around on google for a diagram of a speaker driver, and all its various parts -- spider, etc. -- and then maybe it'll make more sense. Perhaps wikipedia?

N. Abstentia
02-17-2007, 07:33 AM
Yippee!!! Spankie wins yet another award!!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Etonespotter/wtf/assclown.jpg

Rock789
02-17-2007, 09:40 AM
so if your girlfriend says you need a new girlfriend who likes the same things as you, and you find this girl the next day... is this a sign to dumb the ...

GMichael
02-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Yippee!!! Spankie wins yet another award!!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Etonespotter/wtf/assclown.jpg

Next step, the Darwin Award.

basite
02-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Next step, the Darwin Award.

darwin made the evolution theory,
I think SVI is de-evoluating, so therefore we can't give him the darwin award...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

GMichael
02-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Darwin's theory says that the strong live on while the weak die off. The Darwin Awards are given out each year to someone who kills themselves by stupidity. Therefore eliminating themselves from the gene pool and advancing people kind.

Edit: Here ya go.
http://www.darwinawards.com/

basite
02-17-2007, 11:40 AM
ooh, didn't knew about those awards...
in that case, SVI should definately have one...

maybe even more than one :)

Rock on...
Bert.

markw
02-17-2007, 07:14 PM
...and you wonder why some animals eat their young?

Florian
02-18-2007, 02:27 AM
I vote for banning Spanky. I believe he is pure spam on the forum, now. Noone in this world can be sp mentally retarded. Every human beeing i have met showed at least some sort of intelligent learning ability, this Spanky Species on the other hand, doesnt.

bobsticks
02-18-2007, 06:50 AM
Aw, c'mon Flo. Every village needs and idiot and every king needs a fool...besides he's kinda funny...like two crackheads fantasizing about what they'll do when they win the lottery.

SlumpBuster
02-18-2007, 07:11 AM
like two crackheads fantasizing about what they'll do when they win the lottery.

Prolly buy the biggest crack rock ever, or in Spanky's case, the biggest JBL he can find:http://www.audioheritage.org/html/people/wolf/paragon.htm

Rock789
02-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Prolly buy the biggest crack rock ever, or in Spanky's case, the biggest JBL he can find:http://www.audioheritage.org/html/people/wolf/paragon.htm
I want one!
:rofl:

audio_dude
02-18-2007, 03:32 PM
I second florian, spanky's posts were funny at first...now they're just kind of annoying, he has this little mindset that if he makes more and more useless threads, we'll all turn to his JBL religion...

audio_dude
02-18-2007, 03:38 PM
this Is A Spam Thread!!! Delete It And Ban The Poster!!!

Carl Reid
02-18-2007, 06:02 PM
this Is A Spam Thread!!! Delete It And Ban The Poster!!!

Seconded!

His posts were funny at first and I'll give him credit for being the best internet troll to ever plague this site.... He managed to be annoying and offensive while still maintaining a plausible level of stupidity, that made you occasionally want to give him advice and "hope" that he was a real poster.... but by this thread it's clear that he is just a troll....

Ban Spanky and Delete the thread!!!!!!!

markw
02-18-2007, 06:36 PM
SVI's sitting at the bar, minding his own business, and quaffing a cold one.

A couple of the AR regulars are sitting at a nearby table pointing and laughing at him and saying how stupid he is. One gets up and says "Watch this", and walks over to SVI and says, "Hey Spanky, have you seen Ben?.", to which SVI replies "Ben Who?". The AR regular says "Bend over and kiss my butt!" and goes back to the table laughing.

A little bit later, the AR regulars start talking about SVI again and another one says "I wonder if he's stupid enough to fall for it again?" So, he gets up, walks over to SVI and says, "Hey Spanky, have you seen Ben?", to which SVI again replies "Ben Who?". The AR regular says "Bend over and kiss my butt!" and goes back to the table laughing harder than before. Now the whole bar is rolling.

Finally, some guy that looks like a coconut head walks in and sits down next to a visibly perturbed SVI. He says "What's the matter, Spanky?" Spanky says "Those AR guys are always picking on me. They keep coming over and asking if I've seen some guy named Ben. When I ask "Ben Who", they say "bend over anfd kiss my butt. They did it to me twice so far."

Coconut head says, "Well, let's get 'em back. You go over to their table and ask them if they've seem Eileen. when they ask "Eileen who", you answer "Eileen over and YOU kiss MY butt!. See?"

SVI says "That's great" and gets up, walks confidently over to the AR table and taps the first guy on the shoulder and, as planned, says "Have you seen Eileen?" The AR Regular turns, looks at Spanky and says "Yeah, she's with Ben."

SVI replies "Ben who?"

basite
02-19-2007, 02:05 AM

that is quite big, and quite useless today if you ask me... and most likely, it won't fit in spanky's room, and even if it does, he's going to need a new amp...

where is spanky btw, haven't seen him since the start of this thread...

Greetings,
Bert.

Dusty Chalk
02-19-2007, 05:20 AM
Hey, you guys do realize you're violating the rules of this forum...the one about slagging other forum members...

Quit reacting so violently (in fact, quit reacting at all), and he'll quit trolling you guys. You keep giving him exactly what he wants, and he'll keep coming back and getting you guys some more.

All you guys' whining is more annoying than his posts.

GMichael
02-19-2007, 06:00 AM
Hey, you guys do realize you're violating the rules of this forum...the one about slagging other forum members...

Quit reacting so violently (in fact, quit reacting at all), and he'll quit trolling you guys. You keep giving him exactly what he wants, and he'll keep coming back and getting you guys some more.

All you guys' whining is more annoying than his posts.

I like Spanky. I don't find his posts to be annoying and I hope that he does not stop posting. It gives us something to whine about. And there's always that chance that he will catch on. Think how great that would be. To actually see him grow up in front of us? So cool.
Anyone who is annoyed is welcome not to read his posts or our reples.

JohnMichael
02-19-2007, 08:00 AM
I like Spanky. I don't find his posts to be annoying and I hope that he does not stop posting. It gives us something to whine about. And there's always that chance that he will catch on. Think how great that would be. To actually see him grow up in front of us? So cool.
Anyone who is annoyed is welcome not to read his posts or our reples.

As a member and not as a moderator I agree that if his posts are upsetting ignore them. He is kinder to us than we are to him. We have had other members who are stuck on product lines as he is on JBL. I have had fun at his expense and I have enjoyed some of the clever responses to his questions. I think I will just post if I have an answer to his questions.

N. Abstentia
02-19-2007, 01:15 PM
SVI replies "Ben who?"

I like that! I laughed out loud :cornut:

SlumpBuster
02-19-2007, 01:23 PM
He is kinder to us than we are to him.

That is a very astute observation. I've always suggested that Spanky knows what he is doing and is "taking the piss" to borrow a phrase from the Brits. But, what if he is not?

I've been on boards where mob rules, i.e. "Ban him!" and they suck. But Spanky has never been mean to my knowledge. Has never tried to sell anyone any thing. And has never flamed anyone. To me, just taking the piss is not flaming or spamming. And if he's for real, then have some compassion that he is not as sophisticated as you.

And for the record, this is the guy that has gone from crappy powered "monitors" to a proper receiver and set of bookshelves and sub. So, he is making some progress.

audio_dude
02-19-2007, 01:47 PM
yeh, but seriously, when was the last time he replied to one of his threads more than once, i think he posts just to see them...

cause he answers his own question in this post... then just ignores all the replies... he's a complete moron, plain and simple.

GMichael
02-19-2007, 02:06 PM
yeh, but seriously, when was the last time he replied to one of his threads more than once, i think he posts just to see them...

cause he answers his own question in this post... then just ignores all the replies... he's a complete moron, plain and simple.

But he's harmless.
Well, mostly harmless.

Carl Reid
02-19-2007, 02:21 PM
That is a very astute observation. I've always suggested that Spanky knows what he is doing and is "taking the piss" to borrow a phrase from the Brits. But, what if he is not?

I've been on boards where mob rules, i.e. "Ban him!" and they suck. But Spanky has never been mean to my knowledge. Has never tried to sell anyone any thing. And has never flamed anyone. To me, just taking the piss is not flaming or spamming. And if he's for real, then have some compassion that he is not as sophisticated as you.

And for the record, this is the guy that has gone from crappy powered "monitors" to a proper receiver and set of bookshelves and sub. So, he is making some progress.

I agree with this post.... This is why I keep saying that Spanky is the greatest troll to infest this site.....

As much I am willing to join in with the calls of "Ban Spanky", I know that there really is no solid grounds for banning him... He plays his cards perfectly... "He's nicer to us than we are to him".... And posting stupid questions is not grounds for banning...

So as hard as it for me to say this... I think Spanky is a genius, who's just taking a piss out of us....

N. Abstentia
02-19-2007, 02:58 PM
There are more replies to him in this single thread than there are in his whole entire dinosaur/home audio/boys forum so that might explain why he likes to post here!

anamorphic96
02-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Actually the best speakers he had where some JBL S26's which actually sounded pretty darn good when mated with a good amp. Not world class but far superior to all the crap he is looking at now. But he sold them for some strange reason. IMO he has taken major steps backwards in quality.

SpankingVanillaice
02-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Actually the best speakers he had where some JBL S26's which actually sounded pretty darn good when mated with a good amp. Not world class but far superior to all the crap he is looking at now. But he sold them for some strange reason. IMO he has taken major steps backwards in quality.Well the biggest reason why I sold the S26 is since I needed some money for other things like with Adam etc. That's why I'am looking for speakers that are very cheap so then I have left over money for other stuff. Right now a local store is selling the JBL Control ONE for $80 so that's a good deal. I am also thinking to get the Sony SS-MB350H and I listened to them and they both sounded really good to me. I just need time to think which speaker out of the two I should get. I did listen to all of the Best Buy speakers like Bose and Insignia and Klipsch and Athena's but the most flattest sounding speakers were the Sonys like the SS-MB350H that was for $100 pair and second is the Control ONE. I like sounds that are flat because then I can hear all parts of my music well since I listen to music like Jazz etc. I also liked the SS-MB350H was because it was a 3-way speaker So sounds are divided better and more flatter. Overall I like speakers that are not too bassy and not too much highs I like even amount of lows and mids and highs and the Sony one sounded exactly like that.

Sony SS-MB350H

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5378806&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03043&id=1051806316848

emorphien
02-24-2007, 08:40 AM
I think you must be half deaf.

Florian
02-24-2007, 10:44 AM
I think you must be half deaf.

Nope....completely deaf and braindead....

markw
02-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Overall I like speakers that are not too bassy and not too much highs I like even amount of lows and mids and highs and the Sony one sounded exactly like that.Buy the fargin' things already and stop pesterng us with questions you don't want an answer to.

live long and prosper, but do it somewhere else.

audio_dude
02-24-2007, 10:56 AM
wow....just...wow...

Spanky...you are braindead...deaf...and for some odd reason, you start threads to hear yourself speak... I HATE YOU!

Florian
02-24-2007, 11:01 AM
wow....just...wow...

Spanky...you are braindead...deaf...and for some odd reason, you start threads to hear yourself speak... I HATE YOU!

Now, now my little one. Hate is a strong word. Remember, we are all a bunch of pixels on a screen. I dont hate him, and neither should you. Hate is not a good thing. If you, like me, are wondering how the Spanky Species survives on this planet, then we are on the same quest in finding out. :-)

Carl Reid
02-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Well the biggest reason why I sold the S26 is since I needed some money for other things like with Adam etc. That's why I'am looking for speakers that are very cheap so then I have left over money for other stuff. Right now a local store is selling the JBL Control ONE for $80 so that's a good deal. I am also thinking to get the Sony SS-MB350H and I listened to them and they both sounded really good to me. I just need time to think which speaker out of the two I should get. I did listen to all of the Best Buy speakers like Bose and Insignia and Klipsch and Athena's but the most flattest sounding speakers were the Sonys like the SS-MB350H that was for $100 pair and second is the Control ONE. I like sounds that are flat because then I can hear all parts of my music well since I listen to music like Jazz etc. I also liked the SS-MB350H was because it was a 3-way speaker So sounds are divided better and more flatter. Overall I like speakers that are not too bassy and not too much highs I like even amount of lows and mids and highs and the Sony one sounded exactly like that.

Sony SS-MB350H

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5378806&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03043&id=1051806316848

:confused5: :confused5: :confused5: YOU did a listening test???? What is this world coming to????

Well, I am impressed.... So now that you've found the speakers you like.... Go out and buy them!!!!!! and stop posting silly questions about changing woofers on old crappy speakers....

Carl Reid
02-24-2007, 11:11 AM
wow....just...wow...

NO ANAKIN! NO!

The sand people (a.k.a. Spanky) maybe braindead, but you can't just slaughter them like animals!

markw
02-24-2007, 11:55 AM
If you, like me, are wondering how the Spanky Species survives on this planet, then we are on the same quest in finding out. :-)At some point, society decided to take pity on those not mentally strong enough to survive without help and now their numbers have increased to such a point that they soon will be running the world.

JohnMichael
02-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Maybe SVI is here to teach us about ourselves. Some of my posts that did not need to be posted, I am afraid, said more about me than they did about him.

audio_dude
02-24-2007, 02:47 PM
yeh, i wasn't going to kill him... more like put him in a cage...

oh well, please SVI, go out and buy those speakers and ENJOY THEM!!!
thats what we do, and you can too, if you ever save up some money (more that $200) we can guide you and help you pick out the perfect speakers.

Sorry for that comment above... I will now go sit in the corner for a while.

Robert-The-Rambler
02-24-2007, 08:19 PM
I use 4 of them as the mains in my home theater; two next to each other on each side. They do have a rather neutral sound and blend well with the rest of that speaker series. They are very good for the dirt cheap price and some of us need to leave the elitist attitude at the door even if SVI is just jerking with us. But anyway I want to move them to my bedroom and get 4 more of the SS-550H(can't remember the exact model). They are only about $100 plus tax and shipping at B&H.com. For about 150 after shipping you simply can't complain about these speakers and they sound a little better than the 350s. Although, I find that this Sony line sounds better in multi-channel formats and really don't lend themself that well to stereo playback. Maybe it is just me but hearing 7 channel versus regular stereo in a wide range of music is just so much more superior. Anyhow, I'm happy with Sony in this case. If only that PS3 was a bit more lovable.

Rock789
02-24-2007, 11:09 PM
At some point, society decided to take pity on those not mentally strong enough to survive without help and now their numbers have increased to such a point that they soon will be running the world.
YOU'RE TOO LATE, THEY ALREADY ARE!!!

Rock789
02-24-2007, 11:12 PM
this kit (http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-640) was on sale for ~$120 just a couple weeks ago...

emorphien
02-25-2007, 06:44 AM
I use 4 of them as the mains in my home theater; two next to each other on each side. They do have a rather neutral sound and blend well with the rest of that speaker series. They are very good for the dirt cheap price and some of us need to leave the elitist attitude at the door even if SVI is just jerking with us. But anyway I want to move them to my bedroom and get 4 more of the SS-550H(can't remember the exact model). They are only about $100 plus tax and shipping at B&H.com. For about 150 after shipping you simply can't complain about these speakers
For $150 I would say you can do a bit better than the Sonys. Having heard them myself they might sound neutral to the inexperienced listener because the highs and lows fall off rather early and give the speaker a lack of clarity and definition.

Although, I find that this Sony line sounds better in multi-channel formats and really don't lend themself that well to stereo playback.
Common mistake made by people buying low quality gear. You lose the definition of the stereo channels but you gain a "fullness" in the sound that can't be reproduced by just two of the low quality speakers.

Maybe it is just me but hearing 7 channel versus regular stereo in a wide range of music is just so much more superior.
That's because your speakers suck. No, seriously.

Florian
02-25-2007, 07:02 AM
They are very good for the dirt cheap price and some of us need to leave the elitist attitude at the door even if SVI is just jerking with us..

I laughed so loud it scared my dog when i read this. If you own above a 100$ speaker then your an elitist. LOL...... ****ing hillarious. I guess your all bunch of snobs....:)

basite
02-25-2007, 07:45 AM
If you, like me, are wondering how the Spanky Species survives on this planet, then we are on the same quest in finding out. :-)

hey, I knew I wasn't alone...

this is a possible answer I came up with:
He survives because his mommy cares for him, and keeps him alive,
as soon as his mommy dies,
he'll go extinct...

greetings,
Bert.

emorphien
02-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Is Robert-the-Rambler his boyfriend maybe?

I wouldn't put anything past SVI these days :lol:

SpankingVanillaice
02-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Well I have actualy decided to not buy the Sonys and keep my JBL Control 1Xtremes since I found out that they sound the same as the Control ONE. Plus I will save money too if I just keep my old speakers.

Rock789
02-25-2007, 10:51 AM
I laughed so loud it scared my dog when i read this. If you own above a 100$ speaker then your an elitist. LOL...... ****ing hillarious. I guess your all bunch of snobs....:)
I admitted to my girlfriend yesterday, I have a problem and must constantly save money for the next audio upgrade!

Rock789
02-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Well I have actualy decided to not buy the Sonys and keep my JBL Control 1Xtremes since I found out that they sound the same as the Control ONE. Plus I will save money too if I just keep my old speakers.
awsome idea!
btw,
woot for page 3!!!

basite
02-25-2007, 11:12 AM

!

finally, SVI did a wise thing,

now,
save money for speakers that are really better than the ones you have now...

keep them spinning,
Bert.

Brainstorm
02-28-2007, 02:02 PM
I see where this is going now I’ve been to his site and survived the dinosaurs!:eek6: He leaves a fly traps for new members tell him what sites they go to? Are we starting to get the picture now?:17:

Thank god I didn’t tell him about the one site with a heritage a name that’s been around for 80 years.

If this adds spice to the laughter, I’m ROTFLMAO over here oh please let it continue this is so funny.:D

Rock789
02-28-2007, 02:12 PM
did one of you guys hack his website or is that stuff serious :confused:

Brainstorm
02-28-2007, 02:52 PM
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/22/331121.jpg:D

Rock789
02-28-2007, 02:58 PM
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/22/331121.jpg:D
is that image from Alien?
haven;t seen that movie in years...

Brainstorm
02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
It surly is the original ALIEN 1979 shocker. On this thread no one can hear you scream…:D

Rock789
02-28-2007, 06:25 PM
It surly is the original ALIEN 1979 shocker. On this thread no one can hear you scream…:D
sweet!~

RoyY51
03-01-2007, 03:49 AM
"Either love me or hate me...just don't ignore me."

Spanky is trolling, all right...for attention. If we stop responding to his posts he will go away.