Running two DVD players simultaneously. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Running two DVD players simultaneously.

Smokey
02-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I have two DVD players and used to have only one hooked up. But since my collection are growing with alot of TV DVD shows, it gave me an idea:

"What if I hook up both DVD players to my TV, and run movies on one and TV shows on the other DVD player, and run them simultaneously."

This setup seem to be working like a champ. I watch the movie for few minutes and when my attention start to whine (or movie get to slow parts), I switch to TV shows on the other player. Watch it for while and switch back to the movie. I never get bored this way.

This method work extremely well for those who don’t have Satellite or Cable (like me) :)

kexodusc
02-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Ya know, Smokes, there's a much easier way to get multi-channel sound out of those things :P

Smokey
02-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Ya know, Smokes, there's a much easier way to get multi-channel sound out of those things :P

It took a while, but finally got it. Good one :D

Dusty Chalk
02-15-2007, 04:05 PM
That's hardcore, but you haven't beaten my friend yet. I used to have a friend (this was just before the days of picture-in-picture) who would have multiple television sets running (one of them was always sports, which is kind of cheating, because there's only like 1 second of action for every 59 seconds of time-outs, commercials and so on [football]), read, and juggle, all at the same time. Just to keep his attention from wandering.

Smokey
02-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey Dust

Your friend story remind me of an episode of Sanford and Son where Fred had two TVs going at the same time. But Fred was addict to day time soaps :D

Dusty Chalk
02-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Yeah, soaps was another thing that my friend watched. That also didn't require a lot of attention, because they repeat import plot points like a thousand times when something happens. Every time a character comes up on the screen, one of the extant characters would say something like, "hey, did you hear Luke and Laura are missing?" or whatever.

recoveryone
02-15-2007, 08:45 PM
one note ADD

Blue Meanie
02-17-2007, 05:51 PM
one note ADD

You took the word(s) right out of my mouth.
Seems fairly obvious, even without running 2 players at once, lol.

Jeff

N. Abstentia
02-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Why only two?? I have FOUR!!

Onkyo 6 disc is my main player.
Marantz universal player I actually use for SACD/DVD-A
Sony 300 disc full of my cartoons and concerts.
Xbox 360..okay I never use it for DVD's but it's there :)

Smokey
02-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Problem of another player to the mix might be to find a space for it in the HT stand. There are already shortage of space in most HT setups I seen.

In my situation to accommodate two dvd players, had to stack each one on top of another and separate them by four pieces of 2-inch foams. And I'm not even a gamer :D

Blue Meanie
02-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Problem of another player to the mix might be to find a space for it in the HT stand. There are already shortage of space in most HT setups I seen.

In my situation to accommodate two dvd players, had to stack each one on top of another and separate them by four pieces of 2-inch foams. And I'm not even a gamer :D

Why'd you need to separate them?:confused5:

Jeff

Dusty Chalk
02-18-2007, 02:35 AM
To dissipate heat.

Blue Meanie
02-18-2007, 04:01 AM
To dissipate heat.

Uh, ok. Seems odd though. Neither of my Sony 300 disc changers, my Pioneer 3 disc changer, or my portable give off much heat. In fact, none of them even have vents. Maybe other players are different than mine.

Jeff