Reciever [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Reciever

PaDave
02-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I watch alot of movies, listen to alot of music and play even more PS3 and Nintendo Wii, i have a HK receiver now and looking to upgrade. I got around 600 bills to spend can someone point me in the best direction?

blackraven
02-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Onkyo SR804, Denon, yamaha RXV2500 or HTR 5990, HTR6090 Check the net for prices they are very variable . www.butterflyphoto.com has good prices and models come and go on their site every few days.

Rock789
02-14-2007, 08:46 PM
which hk receiver do you have?
what is your goal in upgrading?
hk receivers are not bad at all... unless you are wanting hdmi switching, I would suggest sticking w/ what you have and save for components, or something a real step up...
check out B&K components, and even their receivers if you want to look for an upgrade, but this is way above your $600 range...
just my opinion, but unless your hk is very very old, you won;t get much improvement in going with a $600 receiver...
then again, I am guessin you have a decent hk... if your hk is total junk, of course you could find something better...

PeruvianSkies
02-14-2007, 09:53 PM
For $600 you aren't going to upgrade all that much. Maybe check into a used Pioneer Elite or another higher model HK or Onkyo. However, I doubt you'll notice that much difference unless your current unit is utter junk.

hydroman
02-15-2007, 11:04 AM
A better question is, 'which speakers do you have?'

I suspect the money may be better spent here...

PaDave
02-16-2007, 02:08 PM
I am very pleased with my Cerwin Vega speaker setup, I have the HK AVR 135, and i will not change speakers, i love CW, and the i do want to get into HDMI because of my television, HD cable, and of course Blue ray.

GMichael
02-16-2007, 02:16 PM
I am very pleased with my Cerwin Vega speaker setup, I have the HK AVR 135, and i will not change speakers, i love CW, and the i do want to get into HDMI because of my television, HD cable, and of course Blue ray.

"Until the house moves off the foundation i will not rest!" ????

Maybe a big ars sub? Like this? http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-764

I agree with the others. Unless there is something wrong with your HK, you're better off keeping it.