Nina Simone DVD. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Nina Simone DVD.

jrhymeammo
02-14-2007, 05:38 PM
http://ninasimone.com/film.html

Has anyone here had an oppotunity to view this flick? I had no idea such thing has been available.
Been out of the MC/HT scene for a couple of years and this is what happens.

I imagine that the AV quality is sub-par but that will not be too much of a concern.

Any thoughts?

Worf101
02-15-2007, 06:26 AM
One of my family's fave folkies from the 50's and 60's. I'll have to look into that one.

Da Worfster

jrhymeammo
02-15-2007, 05:15 PM
I came aross it when I was looking for a new copy of Songs of the Poets. Did you ever get a chance to see her perform?

Worf101
02-16-2007, 06:00 AM
I came aross it when I was looking for a new copy of Songs of the Poets. Did you ever get a chance to see her perform?
I've never had a chance to see her perform. Another one of my musical regrets.

Da Worfster

jrhymeammo
02-16-2007, 04:44 PM
About 2 years ago, I went to go see Jimmy Smith.

turns out he was hospitalized so couldnt make it. So Jimmy McGriff performed instead. It was a treat to experience the performance, but we all know it's not possible to hear tht Cat play anymore.

Too mant regrets. I think if I start a thread in this manner, we'll all be depressed.... But I digress.

Worf101
02-17-2007, 09:38 AM
About 2 years ago, I went to go see Jimmy Smith.

turns out he was hospitalized so couldnt make it. So Jimmy McGriff performed instead. It was a treat to experience the performance, but we all know it's not possible to hear tht Cat play anymore.

Too mant regrets. I think if I start a thread in this manner, we'll all be depressed.... But I digress.
If I think of the jazz greats I missed, I want to stick my head in an oven. I've seen most of tne Soul/Funk/Rock legends I wanted to see cept Aretha Franklin. Glad I saw James Brown 3 years ago. He was 70 but put on an amazing show. Most regret not seeing Laura Nyro before her passing.

Da Worfster